Lantus Pen

According to https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/2376/pil#about-medicine (the PDF):
Lantus comes in a special cartridge to be used only in conjunction with the pens ClikSTAR, Tactipen, Autopen 24, AllStar, AllStar PRO or JuniorSTAR​
Ooh, I’d forgotten about the Autopens! That’s what I started Lantus with and was still using until 8 years ago, when a new DSN stared at it as if we were on the Antiques Roadshow and said “I’ll get you something more up to date”. Still got one somewhere.

That’s what I started Lantus with and was still using until 8 years ago, when a new DSN stared at it as if we were on the Antiques Roadshow and said “I’ll get you something more up to date”.
I guess they like to list all possibilities, not necessarily just the ones still available...

Does anyone know if the Allstar pens are still available? I’m planning on getting it in prescription but it is out of stock on all online pharmacies that I’ve checked,

I’ve not heard of Allstar pens I’m afraid @Flower3333

When on Lantus I used to use Autopen 24 (green for 1u, blue for 2u increments).

The were pretty forthright in spring-load delivering the dose as I recall.

Does anyone know if the Allstar pens are still available? I’m planning on getting it in prescription but it is out of stock on all online pharmacies that I’ve checked,
What sort of Lantus dose do you take. Wondering if you might find a Junior Star useful with it's half unit dose option as well as possibly being more readily available. If you take a largish dose of more than 30 units then the Allstar is probably best as I suspect the Junior may have a max dose of 30u like the NovoPen Echo. That said, I personally think it is better to split larger doses and I split my 22units into 2x11units and put one into each buttock with my basal. Splitting it between 2 or ore sites is likely to give you better absorption.

Possibly not. Mine both became prone to jamming up at about the same time I realised that Lantus wasn’t really working for me any more (too many nighttime hypos) and I switched to Levemir, so had no need for replacements.

Back