Lantus Insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith2904

Hi, Practice Nurse has recently changed my Insulin to Lantus. I have read the notes about possiblle side effects but I'm interested in users views or experience of this insulin? Many thanks.

Not on lantus but abasaglar, which is basically the same thing as i understand it. Been on it since diagnosis, no problems

Hi, Practice Nurse has recently changed my Insulin to Lantus. I have read the notes about possiblle side effects but I'm interested in users views or experience of this insulin? Many thanks.
Did they explain why, how have you been getting on since you last posted as then you didn't seem to be managing too well with the insulin you were on.

I've been using Lantus since late Oct, now reducing it due to changing to metformin but I can't say i've had any side effects from it during my time using it.

I used Lantus as my basal insulin for 12 years until I got an insulin pump. I still have it as my back up if my pump fails
Apart from a risk of hypos if, like any other insulin, my dose was too high, I had no side effects. I did find it would not last a full 24 hours - my BG would start rising after about 20 hours

Did they explain why, how have you been getting on since you last posted as then you didn't seem to be managing too well with the insulin you were on.
Big improvement since last post. Down to 60 from 85. Previous insulin is now discontinued but the choice of Lantus unclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back