Lantus Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mymadworld

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was taking 50 units of Lantus I started watching closer at my diet but not gone overboard i lowered it to 40 units and I'm getting low readings more than once a day is there a number I can ring tomorrow for help on this cheers Richard

Hi Richard do you have a DSN team?? They are best for adjusting dose. I’m new to Lantus like 8 weeks in and building up dose at 28 at min but can’t get single figures. Are you using a fast acting as well before meals?

I use Apidra fast acting but have lowered that to.

@Mymadworld Are you carb counting and adjusting your Apidra appropriately for the carbs you’re about to eat? Have you done a basal test recently (to see if your Lantus is at the right level)?

How low are you going when your blood sugar drops? Does it do that at a similar time each day, or does it vary?

I was taking 50 units of Lantus I started watching closer at my diet but not gone overboard i lowered it to 40 units and I'm getting low readings more than once a day is there a number I can ring tomorrow for help on this cheers Richard
Ring whoever you see about your diabetes if you aren’t confident in managing your doses yourself but the answer is always hypos mean you’re taking more insulin than you need.

Ring whoever you see about your diabetes if you aren’t confident in managing your doses yourself but the answer is always hypos mean you’re taking more insulin than you need.
I was with local diabetic team but not any longer have to be referred again by doctors thanks for replying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back