Lancing Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicsetter

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have just received and been trying the new Microlet2 lancing device from Bayer. It seems reasonably painless (i have it set to 1). What do others use?

I was given the Accu Chek Aviva by my surgery. Use it on 3. Shouldn't really as it hurts and I only really need it on 2.5. I think I set it to 3 so I could use the outside of my fingers. Found I couldn't get much blood out from the outside of my fingers on 2.5 but could on 3.

I use the lancet on it's own. I hate the lancing devices so have always refused to use them.

i use the onetouch ultraeasy and i have it set to 3 as i find any lower and i dont draw blood but any higher and it hurts. i think lancet devices are all pretty much the same as i have had a few up till now and they all operate in the same fashion.

I use the one touch ultra easy. About 3 is normally OK for me.

I use Ultasoft on 3/4 to full. My spare is acu and needs to be on 7 to draw enough blood.
On occasions I have got better results from just the lancet (and less pain).

I just got a Glucojet Dual (it was advertised in the last issue, no 227, of Balance p4) and I like it. It claims "virtually pain free sampling" and I find it's true. Call 0800 243667 free and ask for a sample, - I got a meter, 10 strips and a pricker. I use it with the lancets for the Abbot pricker and it works fine.

I use the finger pricker that came with my onetouch mini meter, I have it on the sixth depth, looks like I've got tougher fingers than many on here!!

I'm intrigued by those who just use the lancet, do I understand right that you just use it without the device and just prod it into your finger? I'm impressed, don't think I could bring myself to do it!

I'm intrigued by those who just use the lancet, do I understand right that you just use it without the device and just prod it into your finger? I'm impressed, don't think I could bring myself to do it!

Noticed that when having INR tests that it was less painful with the nurse just using the lancet, so tried it for bs.

Noticed that when having INR tests that it was less painful with the nurse just using the lancet, so tried it for bs.

I actually just tried it and couldn't do it, something seems to stop me just as I get to my finger so I cant do it quick enough to draw any blood!
Oh well, I don't tend to find it too painful anyway so I'll stick with what I'm doing, may keep trying though!

Once I lost my finger pricking device, and another time it broke and my hospital appointment was in a couple of weeks so I wanted to wait and get a new one there. So I used the lancets on their own, it isn't to bad once you've plucked up the courage 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back