Knock me down with a feather!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUK just tweeted our site on Twitter! Hurrah!:D:D

Amazing. Mind you, I've had a trawl on a few of the other diabetes fora and this is definitely the best of the bunch.

Perhaps Kati/Admin has had a word about them not publicising the site enough? I was looking back to when the forum started in November 2008. That month and the following month were when the site was featured in Balance and also on the front page of the DUK website - we got 305 members in Nov 2008 and 268 in December 2008. Since then, new members have joined at the rate of about 60-90 a month - often finding us by chance by google search, stumbling upon us in the depths of DUK's site, or word of mouth - so I think the publicity really does make a difference. Remember, there are 2.5 MILLION diabetics in the UK, we have just short of 1900 members.

I believe there should be a permanent link to us on DUK's front page. Or, do they 'sponsor' other fora as well?

DUK just tweeted our site on Twitter! Hurrah!:D:D

I know I am going to show my ignorance here 😱, but although I am guessing this is good since everyone seems to happy about it, exactly what does it mean?

I know I am going to show my ignorance here 😱, but although I am guessing this is good since everyone seems to happy about it, exactly what does it mean?

Twitter is a kind of social networking/mini-blogging site. Being 'tweeted' means that someone has put up a message telling people to come and visit us🙂

I saw that too, I promote us everywhere I can, my facebook and twitter @ circle d etc etc, but I obv dont have as much power or impact as DUK...

Twitter is a kind of social networking/mini-blogging site. Being 'tweeted' means that someone has put up a message telling people to come and visit us🙂

Thanks. That makes sense. 🙂

i was tweeted by diabetes 'something' today as well we're getting famous!! heheee😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back