Kids multivitamins

Kooky

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all can anyone recommend sugar free multivitamins for my 7 year old who has type 1 diabetes please

stephknits

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
sorry Kooky, don't use them - but wanted to say welcome!

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @Kooky

I think any general purpose multi-vits aimed for kids would be fine - and many things like that seem to be sugar free these days.

Of course as varied a diet as possible with lots of fruit and veg is important too!

Thebearcametoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
I think most of them have no added sugar but some have some fruit sugars present. We figured they are so small that even if they were full sugar they wouldn’t cause a huge spike so she just gets the bassets chewy ones as she didn’t like any of the expensive ones we tried.

Inka

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I swear by the Well Kid ones. They have excellent levels of both vitamins and minerals including iron, zinc, vit D, etc. So many children’s vitamins have a poor range of vitamins. You get what you pay for.

I’ve just checked the box - 21 nutrients, chewable one-a-day with sweetener. The full name is Well Kid 4-12 years.

They’re often on offer eg 3 boxes for the price of 2. I get mine from Tesco but high street chemists stock them too.

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As long as kids eat a healthy diet then multivitamins are a waste of money. The vitamins go once round the circulation then get excreted out as surplus to requirements. That applies to grown ups, too, come to think.

The only exception is Vit D, specially with lockdown. If you don’t go out, you won’t make enough.