kidney infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceycat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi all, hope everyone is well. just wanting a wee bit of advice please. the last 4 days ive been having cramps in my legs and back (feels like period pain but in my legs) just wondering could this be a kidney infection? or could it be neropathy going into my legs now aswel as my feet, also been having a funny feeling at top of my back just between my shoulder blades which is like slight pins an needles, its not sore but a funny sensation.thanks for any advice. xxx

Hi Tracey all i can say is in your in any pain or discomfort make an appointment to see the doctor, it could be UTI here are a list of symptoms i found for kidney infection you do mention the back ache..

* A dull ache or pain in the lower back or abdomen.
* Pain when passing urine.
* Feeling of wanting to pass urine more often than usual and yet having very little urine to pass.
* Urine may be dark or cloudy and contain blood.
* A high temperature, fever and shivering
* Foul smelling urine.
* Nausea or vomiting.
* Diarrhoea.

hi steff, thanks for replying 🙂 my urine does have a strong foul smell which ive noticed for a few weeks now, no pain when passing urine though. i will make an appointment tomorrow an see what she thinks, feels like i live at the surgery these day lol with one thing or another.

hi steff, thanks for replying 🙂 my urine does have a strong foul smell which ive noticed for a few weeks now, no pain when passing urine though. i will make an appointment tomorrow an see what she thinks, feels like i live at the surgery these day lol with one thing or another.

Best thing you can do hun, you will be in the best place if she does diagnose anything, thats what she is there for hun, its always best to go you would hate that one time when you did'nt go and something bad was wrong.

Good luck X

update us yeah? X

Hoping that they can sort you out so you are feeling better soon my dear 🙂

thanks again steff for your support hun, i will let you know how i get on, hopefully everything will be ok.xx

glad to hear you'll get it checked and im sure you'll be feeling better soon x

thanks northener and am. i couldnt get an appointment today so have to ring first thing in morning to see if i can get one. the pains in my legs are gone today but ill just go up and get advice from my doc anyway, better to be safe.

thanks northener and am. i couldnt get an appointment today so have to ring first thing in morning to see if i can get one. the pains in my legs are gone today but ill just go up and get advice from my doc anyway, better to be safe.

Tracey im suffering pains in legs today lol, must be something in the water.

awh sorry to hear about your sore legs seffie hun, hope youve not got an infection aswel.
im just back from seeing my doctor, she took a wee urine sample an said i have an infection, to much glucose and protain so she put me on a course of antiboctics and has refred me for a scan. keep me updated on how your feeling hun xxx

awh sorry to hear about your sore legs seffie hun, hope youve not got an infection aswel.
im just back from seeing my doctor, she took a wee urine sample an said i have an infection, to much glucose and protain so she put me on a course of antiboctics and has refred me for a scan. keep me updated on how your feeling hun xxx

Aww least you know you have infection and its being treated hun.although never nice im sure X

I've got no pains today but still going to keep my appointment for the 6th x

awwh glad your feeling better today hun, yeah just keep your appointment anyway and mention the pains youve been having. hope it goes well for you xxx

awwh glad your feeling better today hun, yeah just keep your appointment anyway and mention the pains youve been having. hope it goes well for you xxx

Thanks sweet, best not miss it or i'm sure ill be in trouble lol x

lol, i know what you mean and the appointments are so hard to get if its anything like my clinic xxx

lol, i know what you mean and the appointments are so hard to get if its anything like my clinic xxx

Yeah when i changed back at the beginning of the year thought that would change but at least thats my only gripe now, used to have loads about my old GP lol x

i was the same with my old gp until a lady gp joined and i went to her instead, shes been brilliant and she was the one that diginosed my diabetes because for years i was going to my gp about my sore feet but no one listened. thank goddess im actuly getting everything sorted, even if it does mean i never leave the surgery these days lol xxx

i was the same with my old gp until a lady gp joined and i went to her instead, shes been brilliant and she was the one that diginosed my diabetes because for years i was going to my gp about my sore feet but no one listened. thank goddess im actuly getting everything sorted, even if it does mean i never leave the surgery these days lol xxx

yup hun always a relife to finally be told whats been up, if it goes on for years its even more frustrating, i just feel sorry for the patcient my old GP has ,surely it was not just me he treat so bad x

some of the gps just dont want to listen an have their precription pad ready to give you a pill without hearing the full story of what the problem realy is. thats what i found anyway.your right have to feel sorry for the paitents who still have gps who are like that and not getting the help they need until things have progressed to far. xxx

some of the gps just dont want to listen an have their precription pad ready to give you a pill without hearing the full story of what the problem realy is. thats what i found anyway.your right have to feel sorry for the paitents who still have gps who are like that and not getting the help they need until things have progressed to far. xxx

So very true hun theres people on here who seem to just go in get diagnosed with diabetes and are left to deal with it on there own.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back