Kidney function test

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentish maid

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been contacted by Healthy.io to say they are sending me out a kit to test my urine. It seems I need a smart phone and app to do this one off test. I can't be the only person who doesn't have a smart phone. Has anyone else come across this method of doing the annual kidney function test?

I have been contacted by Healthy.io to say they are sending me out a kit to test my urine. It seems I need a smart phone and app to do this one off test. I can't be the only person who doesn't have a smart phone. Has anyone else come across this method of doing the annual kidney function test?
No .
Mine is usually checked when go in for one of my Hb1ac bloods.
Their should b3 a number or email address for you to contact them on.

That's an odd way of testing isn't it, what are you supposed to do, wee on your phone :D .

I have rung Health.io. They suggest that as we can now meet up outside with people I can ask a friend or neighbour to download the app on their phone so that I can do the test!!
That's an odd way of testing isn't it, what are you supposed to do, wee on your phone :D .
Looks like I might have to wee on someone else's phone !!! lol

Ignore it. Health.io is a private company, not a part of or associated with the NHS.

Beware of doing the test, they’ll be all over you pestering for further tests. And they will cost money. They are just taking advantage of the Covid situation where some folk are experiencing delays in routine tests. A full renal function test involves a 24 hour urine sample, with blood tests. A urine test on its own tells you nothing of any value.

Ignore it. Health.io is a private company, not a part of or associated with the NHS.

Beware of doing the test, they’ll be all over you pestering for further tests. And they will cost money. They are just taking advantage of the Covid situation where some folk are experiencing delays in routine tests. A full renal function test involves a 24 hour urine sample, with blood tests. A urine test on its own tells you nothing of any value.
Thank you. They say they are working in partnership with my GP Surgery (which they named) but must admit the call felt like a hard sell.

Thank you. They say they are working in partnership with my GP Surgery (which they named) but must admit the call felt like a hard sell.

Hope you get to the bottom of things @kentish maid

I’m another who has only ever had kidney function checked as part of regulat bloods/urine samples given at the surgery

I am getting more than a little annoyed with Health.io. Since explaining that I don't have a smart phone and am unable to take part in the test I have had 2 more messages on my mobile!! They have presumably got my number from the surgery. I think I will be having words with the surgery when they re open after Easter

I am getting more than a little annoyed with Health.io. Since explaining that I don't have a smart phone and am unable to take part in the test I have had 2 more messages on my mobile!! They have presumably got my number from the surgery. I think I will be having words with the surgery when they re open after Easter
This all sounds dodgy to me, what's your surgery giving out your number for without asking first officer_muldoon_pushing_up_hat_md_wht.gif

Must admit I was wondering that too.
This company has been bombarding me with messages to register and complete the test - Even misrepresented themselves using the name of my health center. When I asked if they were independent contractors they became very evasive, I had to shoe horn from them that they ARE completely independent contractors. They claim they are in some sort of partnership but wouldn't confirm with who

I would speak to your gp practice and block their number. How did they get yours?

I think there was something about this company a few months ago and I can't remember what the verdict was.
I should have looked back up the thread before saying anything.

Last edited:
Why can't they send you out a colour chart with the test kit, just like with Ketostix. Sounds like aggressive sales practice from a private company at best and at worst, a scam. Either way, their number should be blocked. Very much doubt they will have obtained contact numbers from a GP practice unless hacked.

Why can't they send you out a colour chart with the test kit, just like with Ketostix.
I guess because using an app (and a camera) is a bit more reliable. Also potentially it allows the company to collect lots of information that you'd rather not give them.

Or maybe the colour change is a bit subtle and for some reason it was hard to change that.

To my mind if a test which is designed to indicate potential kidney disease is not clear cut then they shouldn't be using it because it could cause people undue worry. No way would I be down loading an app to read a test like this. Sounds incredibly dodgy.

I would speak to your gp practice and block their number. How did they get yours?
Hi Christy, did exactly what you advised - GP surgery had no knowledge of outsourcing... The worrying thing is this company knew my name address and the name of my GP's surgery. My advise to others, double check with your surgery before you sign up. This company Healthy.io Ltd is very evasive and shifty when confronted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back