Kidney area pain ongoing, just waiting for ultrasound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Giddings

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

Just after some advice, I've had on and off right kidney area/flank pain for a couple of months or so but only been there every day for a couple of weeks. Any ideas would be great on best pain relief (got cocodamol) but can't have ibuprofen.

Thanks in advance

Pam

Had injury earlier this year, pain was bad got prescribed codeine, took that together with paracetamol which calmed things down.
Hi I've e found it started with a mild pain, also a pin prick pain in the back, I now get pain in the side and front too (gp did abdomen exam and wants a full abdomen and flank assessment). Appt near the end of the month, will post also when results are through

Presumably you've had all the normal indicative blood tests for kidney associated problems, like eGFR and U&E tests?

Hi I've e found it started with a mild pain, also a pin prick pain in the back, I now get pain in the side and front too (gp did abdomen exam and wants a full abdomen and flank assessment). Appt near the end of the month, will post also when results are through

Good luck with appointment, keep on top of pain in mean time.

Hi I'm waitimg for a kit via mail to arrive for a kidney test at home kit, is due sometime this week.

Had gallbladder out over 7 years ago, am vaguely thinking it may be kidney stone/stones. Been having burning in urine a few times in past 3 to 6 months but am getting a fair amount of intermittent pains with flare ups and spasms.
Presumably you've had all the normal indicative blood tests for kidney associated problems, like eGFR and U&E tests?

Hmmm well kidney stones are no picnic - strapping great rugger playing son in law passed out in pain one day at work leading to his being discovered - so my next advice is heartfelt - for goodness sake - keep as well hydrated as possible while you're waiting and don't be at all afraid to request better pain relief from your GP in the meantime either.

Hiya, I've had to go to a and e early this morning for a few reasons, including pain, turns out that the somewhat extensive CT scan showed a cyst 4cm big on ovary. Explains some other things. Ultrasound brought forward by sheer chance of an earlier available appt, been advised may need a follow up ultrasound sometime after.

Hiya, I've had to go to a and e early this morning for a few reasons, including pain, turns out that the somewhat extensive CT scan showed a cyst 4cm big on ovary. Explains some other things. Ultrasound brought forward by sheer chance of an earlier available appt, been advised may need a follow up ultrasound sometime after.
Sorry to hear of that but at least you have an explanation. I had a similar thing at your age in 1983, I was told it was the size of a grapefruit and had precancerous cells so in those days the treatment was a total hysterectomy. I don't think that now it would be such radical treatment.
Hopefully you will get some treatment plan sooner rather than later.

Sorry to hear of that but at least you have an explanation. I had a similar thing at your age in 1983, I was told it was the size of a grapefruit and had precancerous cells so in those days the treatment was a total hysterectomy. I don't think that now it would be such radical treatment.
Hopefully you will get some treatment plan sooner rather than later.
Hi, thank you for your reply and insight, bless its kind for you to share.

Up to now been advised on some potential diagnostics, referrals and wotnot yet its early at the min. I was rather shocked yet the doctor was so so nice and gave me his time to explain all he could. Didn't mention further down the line regarding yay or nay to certain reasons, but you know its something that the local ultrasound service has took into consideration and brought things forward and its a start and am appreciative.

Will post back at some point. I feel awkward in a way, haven't been a great keeper-upper on things on here and grateful for all replies.

Hi, thank you for your reply and insight, bless its kind for you to share.

Up to now been advised on some potential diagnostics, referrals and wotnot yet its early at the min. I was rather shocked yet the doctor was so so nice and gave me his time to explain all he could. Didn't mention further down the line regarding yay or nay to certain reasons, but you know its something that the local ultrasound service has took into consideration and brought things forward and its a start and am appreciative.

Will post back at some point. I feel awkward in a way, haven't been a great keeper-upper on things on here and grateful for all replies.
I remember I was in considerable pain with it and the GP referred me to the consultant, I was told the wait was up to 4 months, so I paid for a private appointment and ultrasound which diagnosed the cyst. As I had seen the consultant privately he pushed me onto his NHS list 3 weeks later as a priority otherwise the wait could have been months.
Lucky in the circumstances as otherwise I might not have been here now as the cyst had grown.
Hopefully you will not have to wait long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back