Keytones

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTH

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Currently showing o.4 keytones on blood monitor but feels more. Being sick with acid type substance..stomach burning and feel really unwell. I do not have high blood sugars and unsure what th3 cause is. Can someon3 advise what I should do please

Unfortunately, Type 1 diabetes does not protect us from other illnesses.
You may be feeling unwell for other reasons beside high ketones.

I would imagine you have a tummy bug. Ketones at that level will not make you feel sick.
There is a lot of Norovirus going around at the moment which, when I had it a few years ago caused 2 days of uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhoea. Not pleasant at all but at least it is relatively short lived.

It is good that your BG levels are not high so far and I wonder why you tested ketones when they aren't high? Keep sipping water to keep hydrated and monitor your BG levels regularly and follow sick day rules for increased insulin if they start going high.

PS. Hope you are feeling better soon.

I would imagine you have a tummy bug. Ketones at that level will not make you feel sick.
There is a lot of Norovirus going around at the moment which, when I had it a few years ago caused 2 days of uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhoea. Not pleasant at all but at least it is relatively short lived.

It is good that your BG levels are not high so far and I wonder why you tested ketones when they aren't high? Keep sipping water to keep hydrated and monitor your BG levels regularly and follow sick day rules for increased insulin if they start going high.
I tested for keytones because I could feel the acidic burning and I was being sick that's the reason for testing these even though my BG are not high. Thanks for your feedback much appreciated

I tested for keytones because I could feel the acidic burning and I was being sick that's the reason for testing these even though my BG are not high. Thanks for your feedback much appreciated
Also nice to hear that 0.4 should not make me unwell as I am

Your stomach contents are naturally acidic so it is not unusual for it to burn. That is why people suffer heart burn indigestion and reflux. You might find some Gaviscon helpful to ease that if you can keep it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back