Keytones

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiwhyte

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys,

As of yesterday afternoon I have had moderate ketones in my urine. When first checked my BG was at 15 (not ridiculously high for me) but I had been feeling sick all day so checked ketones.

My levels last night came down to 6.2 before bed and is now at 9 this morning yet I still have ketones???? I phoned dox last night, was taken into hosp and dr just said I had a tummy bug and to drink lots of fluid.

Should I be worried about the ketones if my BG's are as they should be?

VERY confused!

Thanks guys!

Ketones in your urine will be a but behind what's actually happening in your blood as it takes a while fir them to get there so it may be that the ketones you're reading now are left over from before. I would drink lots of water to flush out what is there and keep testing for them, correcting high bgs and consider increasing your basal if your sugars are consustantly rising during today. Keep an rye in the ketone situation and if you get a high reading I would seriously consider going back to the hospital.

aymes is right in telling you to drink plenty of water to flush them out as they could have been there for a few days. also i would get plenty of rest and try not to stress about them too much. (i find if i stress for some reason i get ketones)

hey nikki, how did you get on for the rest of the day, did you get rid of the keytones ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back