Keytones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anxious 63

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My blood sugars are all-over the show again and i have been changed from novamix to huminger been told by diabetic nurse at hospital to check my keytones if levels go above 18 , he said if keytones go above 1.5 drink k plenty of water and if does not come down attend a/e , checked it last couple of days and had a reading of 1.2 drank water and it went down to about 0.6 , at what level of keytones would you become concerned , blood sugars are between say 13 and 19 recently , as taken off novamix 30 units morn and 30 evening due to hypos, i am getting confused and anxious about it all again , any thoughts anybody please

at what level of keytones would you become concerned
  • lower than 0.6mmol/L is a normal reading
  • 0.6 to 1.5mmol/L means you're at a slightly increased risk of DKA and you should test again in 2 hours
  • 1.6 to 2.9mmol/L means you're at an increased risk of DKA and should contact your diabetes team or GP as soon as possible
  • 3mmol/L or above means you have a very high risk of DKA and should get medical help immediately

My blood sugars are all-over the show again and i have been changed from novamix to huminger been told by diabetic nurse at hospital to check my keytones if levels go above 18 , he said if keytones go above 1.5 drink k plenty of water and if does not come down attend a/e , checked it last couple of days and had a reading of 1.2 drank water and it went down to about 0.6 , at what level of keytones would you become concerned , blood sugars are between say 13 and 19 recently , as taken off novamix 30 units morn and 30 evening due to hypos, i am getting confused and anxious about it all again , any thoughts anybody please
I’d go with the instructions the doctor gave you, they didn’t go over 1.5 and they came down with water so no worries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back