Keeping safe in the heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline Wilson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I know you are all clever people, but sometimes it helps to have a reminder. We are having some nice weather and I'd like everyone to enjoy it and stay safe and well too.

As Steff said in a previous thread, make sure you protect your skin and use a good quality sunscreen, or good quality cotton to cover up with. When you come in use a good quality after sun or moisturiser.

As we perspire more, it is also good to keep up the fluid intake too. I was advised to avoid drinks containing lots of caffeine and plain water was best. Keep some Lucozade or something similar handy just in case, but otherwise plenty of sugar free drinks.

If you are feeling too hot, sit in the shade and cool down.

Keep well, and enjoy the sunshine

does cider count ??? :D its alright folks im in the shade ..my favourite time to sit in the sun is after 5 o'clock ...

Cider is liquid. My cousins in Devon consider me somewhat of a whimp. they all go into a pub and drink rough cider and I'll ask for a cup of tea...

Thanks for the timely reminder Caroline, have to say the only drink for me is the good old cuppa, whatever the weather!
Take care all, shirl x

However great they feel and taste, if you're hot and thirsty, cold drinks are the last thing you need you need in order to rehydrate. A cup of tea or a drink of water at room temperature will be absorbed faster by your body. Boring I know, but essential.

However great they feel and taste, if you're hot and thirsty, cold drinks are the last thing you need you need in order to rehydrate. A cup of tea or a drink of water at room temperature will be absorbed faster by your body. Boring I know, but essential.

Thanks Alison i was not aware of this x

I don't drink tea! lol

Might sound silly but does squash count?

Going to be getting more Lucozade tomorrow when Tesco opens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back