KayC - weight, how low should we go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayC

Hi Cliff,🙂
I'm T2 but still a novice, so I have nothing I can add to what other people have already said and advised.
You gave me a shock when you said:😱
And finally I got a straight answer to a straight question - how low should I go in terms of weight? BMI currently 23.2. She said that the weight loss that gets you into the top end of the normal range is the most effective in reducing insulin resistance. Thereafter it's up to me but don't make efforts to get lower than 22 - there's no diabetic advantage.

When I got diagnosed 3 months ago, my BMI was 23.7. So I was actually in the good position insulin resistance wise. Since then, I've lost some weight and now it's 20.5. I'm not on diet to lose weight, but the diet to decrease my BG level. I think I'm still losing weight slowly. Should I try to stop weight going down or even put back some weight? At the risk of increasing BG level??

There are so many things to think about in order to take a control of this disease. Sometimes I feel just fed up😱

Hi Kay, I moved your post as I thought it would make an interesting new thread 🙂

How do you feel about the weight you are at? My BMI was below 18 when diagnosed and I was seriously underweight (as often happens with Type1). It took me an age to put the weight back on, about 18 months, until I was around 21-22 bmi. Now I can't seem to stop going the other way and am closing in on 24! I was much happier and felt healthier at 22, so am trying to reduce back down - that was my 'ideal' bmi, the one I felt most comfortable with. This is what you should aim for too, I think - something you are happy with and able to maintain fairly easily with the right diet and exercise. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back