Karela

Status
Not open for further replies.

saddler

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
I have often been told that Karela, also known as Bitter Melon is a good health food source to reduce blood sugar. My friend has just bought some of this in a new herbal Tea from Dediterra.com and has had some excellent results. I have just purhased some and will advise of the results in due course

I think you will find that the general consensus on the forum is that this is just another addition to the long list of products claimed to "reduce blood sugar".

The one thing they have in common is that the claims made do not stand up to any form of scrutiny.

Last edited:
There's no silver bullet.

I think you will find that the general consensus on the forum is that this is just another addition to the long list of products claimed to "reduce blood sugar".
You can do a search on https://www.cochranelibrary.com (which I did, of course). I get 4 trials, and while I think 3 completed I only see results for the first (from 1981). That did seem positive, though was in rats.

So who knows? Personally I wouldn't spend too much money on it, unless it tastes interesting. (I'm a fan of cinnamon, but just because I like the taste.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back