• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions about diabetes. Everyone manages their health differently. Please be mindful of this.

Just want chocolate

MiaAlexa

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm sorry has anyone tried free'ist ? uhm is it bad for type 2's ? It's delicious by the way.

Perfect10

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Chocologic is the closest to the milk chocolate that I miss but I hardly ever find it which is probably a good thing.
I’ve just bought some Hotel Chocolat chocolate in their sale as find some of this really good, I especially like the dark orange slab and it is so rich that a little bit is all I want so although not cheap a bar can last me ages!

Gwynn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
No, wait. Got some M&S white chocolate... Mmmm best of them all. Slightly slightly sweeter but oh such a good taste.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@Gwynn I don’t think I’ve had white chocolate since the Milky Bar Kid was riding onto the screen at the Saturday morning cinema!

Gwynn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yes, I only got some to think about using it for piped decoration against the dark chocolate. Never done any before. Still haven't.

I had to do some wider research because the first lot I picked up, which was Cadburys white giant buttons, was not to my liking at all. I knew there had to be a better solution somewhere...

:)

SweetAnn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Diet all been great over last year weight still dropping food amazing but just want the odd small square of dark chocolate with my coffee every now and then. Can anyone recommend a good brand I tried 100% coca and it was way too bitter so any suggestions preferably organic.
Don't like dark chocolate. I had a cream egg and it didn't affect my glucose levels at all. As an odd treat I think it's ok. Check how bloods are after. But it's a choice as lots count every single carb and seem very strict. I count carbs but not OTT.

Mrs Mimoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hotel chocolat do a 100% chocolate which has NO sugar apart from natural cocoa in it. It's weapons grade chocolate so you need to love the dark side. Also, Montezuma chocolate.