Just started CGM, anyone else do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz!

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As a trial. I'm won over already, and weirdly, I think my control has improved all the time, I'm wondering if the administration of my Cosmo doesn't work properly or something... I've been much more controlled anyway.

My only problem is i only have one cannula which will fit on the veo left to last me till next Wednesday when I can get more at the hospital, hope this one lasts long enough as I don't want to take it off now!

Hi Liz,

It sounds like your a convert.🙂Have you set the 'alert alarms' to help you detect a hypo/hyper. How long have you had this canula in for.🙂Bev

Since Wednesday morning. Seems fine at the minute but I'm thinking i should change it nowish!!

Yep all is set.

🙂Yep we use full time sensors with a VEO. It is the ultimate diabetes regime. Whether people are pro pumps or not the VEO with CGM is at the moment the nearest thing to a proper pancreas on the market. No wonder you are finding levels are better.

It is proven that you can get great control using continuous CGM. Continuous is the key though, once a month doesn't cut the mustard really, it can show how things are going but continuous allows you to actually do things in real time which is amazing.

We've been using CGM with the Medtronic pumps for over four years now so am quite good at it. Any questions just shout and I hope your canula lasts.

🙂

Thanks, it did! Now trying a mio... seems good at the minute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back