Just me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbemcc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Morning, so today I've been productive already. I went shopping, I don't drive so a lot of walking and buses. I didn't eat or drink intentionally to see what my bg would be. I've literally just done it and it's at 10.4. Im not worrying but does this seem normal ty xxx

I know we aren’t all the same but once I had a hospital appointment in the morning and didn’t eat beforehand. I was back much later than expected and my sugars were way higher than they would usually be. I make a point of not skipping breakfast now. However some diabetics find it works better for them to miss certain meals so it’s a bit of trial and error. Also if it was an unusual amount of exercise for you then your body may have produced a stress response which would raise sugars for a little while but will hopefully benefit you for the rest of the day. Xx

Morning, so today I've been productive already. I went shopping, I don't drive so a lot of walking and buses. I didn't eat or drink intentionally to see what my bg would be. I've literally just done it and it's at 10.4. Im not worrying but does this seem normal ty xxx
If you don't eat and also do some exercise then you liver will release glucose into your blood stream to give you energy and the fuel your organs need to function. Which is why you might see higher levels than you expect.
It is similar to the Foot on the Floor phenomena where as soon as you get up your level can go up in readiness for the hunt for breakfast.

Some people find eating something small early on will stop that morning rise.

Did you check your BG first thing as a comparison? What would your levels normally be before breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back