Just had my eyes screened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Wow, a very positive experience for me - just for the sheer fact that I got to see the photos and they where AMAZING! 🙂

Plus I didn't have to have drops, and also there was no 'immediate' things that he needed to flag up!

I'm actually looking forward to seeing more pictures now :D

Wow, a very positive experience for me - just for the sheer fact that I got to see the photos and they where AMAZING! 🙂

Plus I didn't have to have drops, and also there was no 'immediate' things that he needed to flag up!

I'm actually looking forward to seeing more pictures now :D

Dear Icey,

I too found the experience much the same as you. These modern digital cameras produce fantastic images and the optician was more than happy to show them to me!

Regards Dodger

.........Plus I didn't have to have drops.......
I don't understand that Icey. Do you know why that was the case? Where did you go?

John

The pictures are truely amazing. If you ask and the optician is a good one, you get to see the pictures. Last time I had my eyes looked at I saw the pictures and had an in depth description of everything going on. It's great when that happens as it takes alot of the worry out of having them done.

I don't understand that Icey. Do you know why that was the case? Where did you go?

John

When I had my eyes done, she tried first of all without the drops but my pupils weren't open enough and she couldn't get a clear shot so the drops were a "last resort".. did not like them one little bit, I'd had them before when I was getting my eyes checked while my cataracts were "developing".. :(

Karina

I always have to have the drops. Not sure if it's because i'm weird or he just does it...

I usually get quizzed on what part of the eye we are looking at when he shows me the pictures.

I always have to have the drops. Not sure if it's because i'm weird or he just does it...

I usually get quizzed on what part of the eye we are looking at when he shows me the pictures.

So, as well as screening you get a pop quiz?! Sounds like as well as enjoying his job, he enjoys interacting with his patients - that's excellent! Do you usually have the right answers?

Karina

nice one icey the pics for me where amazing it was great to see them, , to did nto need to have drops and they said it was becuase of my age i was 26 at the time of the screening.

Great stuff, Icey 🙂

I remember getting my first screening done. First thing in the morning, then spent the rest of the day at the races with my sunglasses on, feeling a bit of a prat, because I couldn't read anything! :D

I have found that it is somewhat dependent on the person taking the photos. If it is a manual scan then most people need drops. For the photography if they let you sit in the dark for a few minutes before and between eyes there is usually no need for drops. If they are in rush-rush mode then they put in drops. I remember going to one routine screening and the woman put drops in whilst you were waiting and another dose ten minutes before. No "no drops" option! This was about 10:00 in the morning - it took till the evening until I could see normally again!

Last edited:
Last 2 times I have had no drops and it was fantastic. I actually didn't have my eyes screened a few years because I hated the drops so much.

The last time I had it done the drops caused some soreness/infection in my eye. Had to get some drops or cream to sort it out.

So, as well as screening you get a pop quiz?! Sounds like as well as enjoying his job, he enjoys interacting with his patients - that's excellent! Do you usually have the right answers?

Karina

lol yes, because I remember from the last time I went 😉 It's the Macular!!
When he shines the light in my eyes he always asks what the wiggly lines are as if i'm five. "blood vessels?" lol.

No drops sounds a great option - just had mine done, routinely with drops - didn't sting as much as last time. It is great seeing the pics, although I didn't see them this time around!

He told me that they just do the 'drops' routinely, and said that next year when I come just to say that I didn't have them last time! 🙂

Worth asking not to have them, I think it would have put me off really badly if they are as bad as they sound - hate having things in my eyes!

I have my photographs on a CD. The first CD I had posted to me got lost in the post. Wonder if someone was disappointed when they popped it in their CD player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back