Just had an HbA1c of 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

parksey78

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just got back from the GP following a recent blood test, and was pleased to receive an HbA1c reading of 42. This was from an initial reading of 108 when I was diagnosed with T2 back in January, and a further reading of 81 in March.

Safe to say I'm happy with that, but I fully appreciate it's a marathon and not a sprint.

I'm still taking a 2000mg daily dose of slow-release Metformin, but better eating (I've certainly not cut out sugary foods altogether) and moving more seems to be doing the trick. I've lost 12kg so far, roughly 10% of my body weight at diagnosis.

Back again in 3 months for another blood test, and hopefully a lower result still, where the GP suggest we can talk about reducing the Metformin.

Wow! Really well done, you must be dead chuffed with 42. Keep up the great work 🙂

Brilliant result!!

That great work!
The weight loss and diet will be a helping a lot more than the metformin!

Thanks for the replies, and yep, really happy with the result. It's still early on in the journey for me, but great to see such a positive change after just 5 months.

Thanks for the replies, and yep, really happy with the result. It's still early on in the journey for me, but great to see such a positive change after just 5 months.
Your journey mirrors mine (114 - 56 - 41) in a similar time frame so I know exactly how good that feels. You're a whisker away from dropping below pre-diabetic range so well done and keep going.

Just got back from the GP following a recent blood test, and was pleased to receive an HbA1c reading of 42. This was from an initial reading of 108 when I was diagnosed with T2 back in January, and a further reading of 81 in March.

Safe to say I'm happy with that, but I fully appreciate it's a marathon and not a sprint.

I'm still taking a 2000mg daily dose of slow-release Metformin, but better eating (I've certainly not cut out sugary foods altogether) and moving more seems to be doing the trick. I've lost 12kg so far, roughly 10% of my body weight at diagnosis.

Back again in 3 months for another blood test, and hopefully a lower result still, where the GP suggest we can talk about reducing the Metformin.

firstly very well done on that result. I would say i am in a similiar boat in terms of where i am. I would be very interested in understanding how you got there, And yourself Martin A? Could do with help buddies.

Congratulations, well done

Congratulations, an excellent result, I bet you're pleased with yourself, now all
you have to do is keep it up.....Well done.

Congratulations on your terrific progress so far @parksey78 , and on your weight loss.

Whatever you have been doing is clearly working really well for you. Keep going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back