Just got home

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I ended up in AE at about 10 oclock last night, i started throwing up and was bringing uploads of blood they think i have an ulcer after a long waite to see if they were going to admit me they decided i was fit enough to go home but i still have to go back to have that camera thingy down my throat,he gave me a scrip to take to hospital pharmacy walked along there and they were shut ended up back in ae because my arm started bleeding quite bad where he took the canula out but it seems ok now.sorry for the graphic bits.
Carole

Oh Carole, I'm so sorry to hear you have had such an awful evening! :( I imagine you are feeling pretty poor this morning, but I hope you have been able to get some rest and that you have had no further problems.

Take care, I hope that you are feeling much better soon.

Oh dear Carole so sorry to hear that just when you had written in the byetta thread you had been doing ok.x did your BS ise from low 4s? as i remember you asking in the byetta thread about it ,rest and and relax

Take care X.

I'm sorry to know you had a bad night, wish you a speedy recovery and take extra care

Hi Carolann - hope you're having a less eventful day today? If your canula hole starts bleeding again, just press on it, with finger initially, until you can press a pad of tissue or gauze on it - more important to act quickly than worry too much about what with, although a used tissue wouldn't be a good option! One tip for dealing with bleeding wounds at home, village hall kitchens etc is to cover wound with a clean tea towel - they're usually folded after ironing, so an inside section will be "clean, not sterile". I was very relieved when knocked off my bike by a car door, resulting in a bent front wheel and a 9cm gash in my upper arm, that a woman came out of a house with a folded tea towel. Obviously, if there's a foreign body eg broken glass, don't press directly on the wound.
Not good that they sent you to pharmacy when it was shut - they should have known opening hours. When will you know when you will have the endoscopy (camera thingy)?

Got app with gp in an hour so hopefully i will know a bit more about whats going to happen and how soon it will happen so i will give an update this afternoon,thankyou for your replies.
Carole

Got app with gp in an hour so hopefully i will know a bit more about whats going to happen and how soon it will happen so i will give an update this afternoon,thankyou for your replies.
Carole

Hope it goes OK Carole 🙂

I'm sorry you had such a bad night. At least things are being looked at, and hopefully it is nothing serious.

So sorry to hear of your problems Caroleann. I do hope they csn help you very soon.

Well the doc doe'sent think its an ulcer apparently the blood was wrong colour for that, she thinks i may have torn something when i was throwing up,she is still sending me for the endyo thingy she has also put me back on the 5 dose of byetta cos she thinks that may have been the cause of me throwing up all week.
I also spoke spoke to dsn she is not convinced its not the byetta but she is going to leave me on the 5 dose for now but wantsto try the 10 again eventualy to see what happens so as you can see its all a bit of a mystery but i am feeling much better now thankyou for all your goood wishes.
Carole

Well the doc doe'sent think its an ulcer apparently the blood was wrong colour for that, she thinks i may have torn something when i was throwing up,she is still sending me for the endyo thingy she has also put me back on the 5 dose of byetta cos she thinks that may have been the cause of me throwing up all week.
I also spoke spoke to dsn she is not convinced its not the byetta but she is going to leave me on the 5 dose for now but wantsto try the 10 again eventualy to see what happens so as you can see its all a bit of a mystery but i am feeling much better now thankyou for all your goood wishes.
Carole

Hi Carole hun nice to see yout back, lots of people go back down to the 5 dose of beytta so see how u feel on that for abit. Keep us updated on how you are next few days x

Hi Carole hun nice to see yout back, lots of people go back down to the 5 dose of beytta so see how u feel on that for abit. Keep us updated on how you are next few days x

Will do steffie,i was reading our byetta posts and saw the one about the byetta babes and was thinking what the chances are of getting the thread title changed to that,what do you think.

Will do steffie,i was reading our byetta posts and saw the one about the byetta babes and was thinking what the chances are of getting the thread title changed to that,what do you think.

definetly ask northerner hun x PM him he might miss this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back