just got arm tester

trevann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
got arm tester today with monitor do you keep it on all the time our turn off after use

got arm tester today with monitor do you keep it on all the time our turn off after use
Please can you explain what you have got as it is not obvious from your post.
Perhaps if you also say a bit about your situation, how long have you bee diagnosed, what is your HbA1, are you taking any medication and what dietary approach are you following as that will help people give you some answers.

Do you mean a libre sensor and a libre reader? Does it say freestyle libre 2 on the handheld monitor part?

Do you mean a libre sensor and a libre reader? Does it say freestyle libre 2 on the handheld monitor part?
yes it does you turn it on to take a reading do you leave it on our turn back off i am 77 take metiform and one fast acting injection and one slow one

yes it does you turn it on to take a reading do you leave it on our turn back off i am 77 take metiform and one fast acting injection and one slow one
You can turn it off or it will turn itself off

thank you not up with all this tech stuff said would monitor though nite didnt know how but thanks

thank you not up with all this tech stuff said would monitor though nite didnt know how but thanks
It's not really "off" when you turn it off and it'll wake up to ring the alarm (if you have one set).

Even if you do not have alarms set, the sensor always keeps the last 8 hours of readings so when you scan next it'll read that (so you can get the graph for what happened overnight).

Regardless, because it's staying ready to receive alarms, you'll find it needs charging quite often (several times a week). (Which is a bit annoying, but tolerable for the value it gives, I think.)

It's a constant monitor. I suppose you are using the reader rather than a phone so it is up to you to check the readings. I don't use the reader so I'm unfamiliar with the options regarding alarms. But it is always on until it runs out after 2 weeks when you will need to replace it. If it's a Libre then look at the instructions on the internet, there's loads and it will answer a lot of questions and clarify things for you.. If it's another type do the same. The information is all out there.

Last edited:
Back