Just fancy a winge.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

novorapidboi26

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had an informal (not clinic) appointment with my nurse last friday there, it was to be the first time sitting down with her to talk DAFNE, show her the millions of test results I had and to discuss the possibility of a pump.......oh, and to get a cheecky HbA1c done......was sure it was going to be the lowest I had ever had....

Cancelled with no indication of when I will be getting another one........

Not happy, I had time off work for it as well, now I wont.............I also input all my test results, since june, into the online DAFNE diary in order to present her with a fancy print out with glucose averages and colour coded blood results.........

Its safe to say I relaxed just a little too much at the weekend, tested once on saturday...........lol

I hope I can see her before crimbo..........

Hey, that's really awful, especially since you haven't had an explanation or new appointment! I felt pretty similar to you when they rang and told me that my clinic was closing and they didn't know what was going to happen about my annual review. I think that things are so up in the air at the moment ith the change of government and new plans for the NHS that these is an inordinate amount of confusion of this nature going on.

They should have the courtesy to explain and apologise - hope you get something soon!

That's annoying! 😡

I hope you get to see her before Christmas.
Gotta love it really!?

Last edited:
I think one of the worst complications we have to cope with is often the NHS itself! We are so much hostages to fortune, depending on our postcode it seems, that it's a wonder so many of us survive.

Have you called them to make an alternative appointment?

I havent, mainly because it was arranged between me and the nurse off the books, thats what annoys me...........but I will contact her tonight.......

Obviously something came up and I am hoping as it will be informal, again, that she should be able to squeeze me in soon.........

I have my review in january but I am keen to get a Hb test before then.....i feel I have been working hard on my BGs and I want to see the effect its having so I can guage how much work I need to be doing and how to fit it around my lifestyle.....

Hope you get something soon, it is annoying when appointments are cancelled. A couple of times my doctors surgery has phoned to say planned appointmens have been cancelled and do I really need to see the doc. I always say yes I do that's why I made an appoinment in the first place...

Very frustrating!! 😡 Hope you get it sorted soon! Sounds like you are doing well and motivated to get a pump. I hope to get a pump as well and I am working hard on my carb counting and regular testing etc. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back