Just come off all meds

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanetT

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Finally got an appointment with DN after hb1ac result from October. Now off all meds - v happy!

Finally got an appointment with DN after hb1ac result from October. Now off all meds - v happy!
That is good news for you, well done, I hope you are going to keep up your low carb new way of eating to reduce your HbA1C even further to non-diabetic level.

Many congratulations! Do I read that right that you are down from an HbA1c of 103 in May to 46 in October! That is absolutely fantastic. WELL DONE!! I hope you are suitable proud of yourself and your family and friends equally so.

Congratulations on your progress @JanetT 🙂

Looking at your sig, you’ve been on quite a journey!

Congratulations! How did they tell you to come off the meds? My GP just said ‘we could stop it and see what happens’…

That is good news for you, well done, I hope you are going to keep up your low carb new way of eating to reduce your HbA1C even further to non-diabetic level.
Yes that's the aim.

Congratulations! How did they tell you to come off the meds? My GP just said ‘we could stop it and see what happens’…
DN phone this afternoon it was a follow up to Hba1c in October of 46. She said OK to come off but obvs keep monitoring Next review in Feb.

Many congratulations! Do I read that right that you are down from an HbA1c of 103 in May to 46 in October! That is absolutely fantastic. WELL DONE!! I hope you are suitable proud of yourself and your family and friends equally so.
Thanks, Yes pretty chuffed! Just need to keep it going now!

Thanks for all the encouragement. Sadly my dad died of complications of diabetes when he was 75 back in the day when very low carb diet was not promoted. I did not want to go down that same path - a good motivation.

Well done. All that hard work paid on. Good luck and carry on.

Congratulations and well done you !! Brilliant Hba1c your hard work has paid off

Well done Janet. I too got a phone call from the Diabetic nurse to say that having a HbA1c result of 40 (down from 50 in July) meant that in 6 months time if blood tests showed i had maintained it they would class me as being in remission. My aim is to avoid medication but going low carb is the only way for me to do this. Recent results over the weekend has shown me unusual (for me) highs of 9s and 10s with buffet food and a fish and chip supper, using finger prick testing. I appreciate these things are ok as a one off, but as a former carb lover it is too easy to stray and undo all the hard work of adjusting my diet in the last 5 months.

That's great ! well done you too😛 Yes low carb will only work for me too and keeping an eye on the levels with testing. Fish and chip supper would do that for me swell! Christmas is going to be tempting but will try to stay on track!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back