Just checking in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hello all

This is a probably completely gratuitous message saying that I'm sorry I'm not on here much anymore... BUT I do read as much as I can, and try to pitch in when I can.

This is the first place I come when I need help or support, and when I want to know how others are.

So I just wanted to say that although I don't write much anymore, I do visit and try to keep track of things. I think of everyone on here so much, even though so many have joined recently (eek!) so I'm sorry I don't know you. This is such a great place. Totally invaluable and strong and smart.

Things are going pretty well for my son at the moment, though we've had an HbA1c that we are not delighted with -- highest since diagnosis. The docs say that he's at the peak of his growth, so of course it's a battle. He must have grown three inches since Christmas... We think that things are swinging high at night sometimes. Sometimes we catch it, and sometimes we don't.

Sigh. So he is coming around to trying CGMs...he's disappointed with his results, though we tell him to relax a little. But it would be good to know the night pattern at the moment. Sometimes he rises by 7mmols! Sometimes he weirdly drops. Growth. Even accounting for foods and exercise, it's clearly growth, and random. And frustrating!

Other than that...he is a bit cross with diabetes at the moment. And my daughter burst into tears when we went to clinic. She hadn't been in well over a year, and it all came back to her, we think, his diagnosis. Sad for all of us.

But we press on. Things are okay. Always a challenge. But pretty well okay. Just wanted to say!

xxoo

Hi Patricia, thanks for the update 🙂 I remember shooting up in height at his age, must be very difficult to keep on top of the levels.

Congratulations on your 1,000th post! :D Thank you for all your hugely supportive and informative posts!

patricia1000.jpg

Hi patricia, it is good to know you are still around. Pop in when you can, we all have things we need to do, so don't worry. Your help is always appreciated, but if you can't pop in don't worry.

nice to hear from you patricia and well done on 1000 posts x🙂

Gee shucks guys, had no idea I'd reached 1,000! Kind of incredible, but then I look at others' numbers and think I've hardly done anything. Oh well. Does feel rather nice though.

Thanks for good words. I just wanted to let the forum at large know that I'm still reading absolutely when I can.

xxoo

Well done on reaching 1,000 posts. It's nice to hear an update about your son and to hear from you again, I bet you'll be releaved when he stops growing so that things can settle a little bit xx

Thanks Emma. Indeed...but to be honest, we're also just glad he's growing so well, right on his 'curve'. Phew! We can make it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back