Just been diagnosed with Angina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, you get used to fixing broken stuff and then fixing it again or pushing it instead! :D

Despite being a Triumph/Triton boy times have changed and we even have scooter gatherings at the Ave Cafe!

I had my first angina attack in February 2017 but dismissed it as an ongoing chest infection where the GP would not prescribe antibiotics. Fast forward three months and the Ch st Pain Clinic confirmed my thoughts it was angina. In June 2018 I had a triple bypass.

My angina got progressively worse over the intervening period. I found anti-anginals like Diltiazem and Monosodium Nitrate more helpful in avoiding an attack than treating one with GTN spray.

You should be on a statin and mini aspirin (75mg) as a minimum. BP meds might be appropriate and, of course, keep your HbA1c in check as some procedures will not be carried out with elevated levels.

My narrowing was a result of hereditary factors rather than diabetes as all the male side of the family died prematurely from heart attacks.

Good luck!

Sorry @AceFace can’t help with Angina, hope it’s treatable for you, but out of interest what scooter/s did you have or still do?

Last edited:
Sorry @AceFace can’t help with Angina, hope it’s treatable for you, but out of interest what scooter/s did you have or still do?
Morning Kol l have 5 scooters made up of Lambretta Li 125 special, series 3, a series 2, custom Vespa PX 125 E, and I also have a new Lambretta V200, I know she thinks the same how many can you ride at anyone time

Despite being a Triumph/Triton boy times have changed and we even have scooter gatherings at the Ave Cafe!

I had my first angina attack in February 2017 but dismissed it as an ongoing chest infection where the GP would not prescribe antibiotics. Fast forward three months and the Ch st Pain Clinic confirmed my thoughts it was angina. In June 2018 I had a triple bypass.

My angina got progressively worse over the intervening period. I found anti-anginals like Diltiazem and Monosodium Nitrate more helpful in avoiding an attack than treating one with GTN spray.

You should be on a statin and mini aspirin (75mg) as a minimum. BP meds might be appropriate and, of course, keep your HbA1c in check as some procedures will not be carried out with elevated levels.

My narrowing was a result of hereditary factors rather than diabetes as all the male side of the family died prematurely from heart attacks.

Good luck!
Morning Mikey thank you for your feedback mine too is hereditary how are you feeling now? I'm interested to know if there is hope for me.

Only Vespa's for me 🙂 i liked to get where i was going 😉

First was a V90 in a lovely red, then Primavera 125, unfortunately bent that pretty bad and recieved a nice scar as a reminder to this day, lump hammer and a tape measure to fix it, never rode quite the same after.......
Lastly and best a Rally 200 in white, done many miles on that so reliable even after Tuning mod's and the obligatory loud exhaust 🙂 must have annoyed the neighbours lots!

Sadly i have none now, was offered '84 PX125 a while back since a 180cc kit fits easy, but indoor's moaning was too much 🙂

I used to get angina quite regularly and would need my GTN spray. I discovered the hard way that GTN and alcohol don’t mix (my BP plummeted causing me to faint, and ended up with a short hospital stay) but since then my meds have been adjusted and now it’s rarely a problem…except on very cold days.

I used to get angina quite regularly and would need my GTN spray. I discovered the hard way that GTN and alcohol don’t mix (my BP plummeted causing me to faint, and ended up with a short hospital stay) but since then my meds have been adjusted and now it’s rarely a problem…except on very cold days.

Were you either on Monosodium Nitrate or Diltiazem?. They are both anti-anginals and pretty effective unless you push the envelope! Apologies for the late reply.

Only Vespa's for me 🙂 i liked to get where i was going 😉

First was a V90 in a lovely red, then Primavera 125, unfortunately bent that pretty bad and recieved a nice scar as a reminder to this day, lump hammer and a tape measure to fix it, never rode quite the same after.......
Lastly and best a Rally 200 in white, done many miles on that so reliable even after Tuning mod's and the obligatory loud exhaust 🙂 must have annoyed the neighbours lots!

Sadly i have none now, was offered '84 PX125 a while back since a 180cc kit fits easy, but indoor's moaning was too much 🙂

My first bike was actually a Lambette LD125. I found it rather scary and after a few weeks it broke down. I sold it to a real deal mod and saw him about for quite a few years. The next bike was a Honda SS50 sports moped. Then it was onto a Triumph Tiger Cub af after passing my test bigger Triumphs. Best bike was a Triton. Probably slow compared to some of the modern stuff but I was more than happy with it. I used to frequent Lemmy Cafe (also known as the New Busy Bee) outside Welwyn Garden City. Long gone like so many. My favourite cafe is the Ace Cafe. Used to pop in regularly. Sadly I cannot find anyone take me. They even have a convenient disabled toilet. Sorry MikeyBikey is rambling! 😉

Morning Mikey thank you for your feedback mine too is hereditary how are you feeling now? I'm interested to know if there is hope for me.

If I had not lost my leg I would great. After the surgery I felt like I had been in a car crash with a seat belt but both the chest pain (from angina) and breathless had gone. I was up standing after 24 hours and walking after 48. From just managing to walk to the lamp post I progressed to around 10k steps in a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back