Just as a matter of interest.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jusme

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have been on a Medtronic 640g pump since November 2015 and it has been a blessing for me as I have managed to control my BG levels getting a good HbA1c since, I no longer get those dreadful hypos in the middle of the night or day for that matter that required the help of paramedics etc. Unfortunately last year I was diagnosed in need of an angioplasty which I had private medical care as the waiting list in my area was too long. Anyway it worked a treat until early yesterday morning while my OH and I were walking our dogs and I had a severe angina attack and I actually thought I was going to die out there - I don't know how my OH managed to get me home as well as the dogs, any how my BG level went up, up, up and later I managed to change the cannula and reservoir in my pump and it has kept me in perfect control in the 5-7 ever since, surprised me but I am very pleased about it. My GP has written to the Cardiologist asking him to check me over under the NHS. I am just hoping he can help me as I am not ready to give up yet even if I am in my 55th year of living with Type 1 diabetes.

jusme

Pleased you got home Jusme ! Pumps are so adaptable but this ------- illness at time gets everyone at times. A simple walk & wallop. The human body is a brilliant piece of engineering ! Good luck & take care please 😉

I have been on a Medtronic 640g pump since November 2015 and it has been a blessing for me as I have managed to control my BG levels getting a good HbA1c since, I no longer get those dreadful hypos in the middle of the night or day for that matter that required the help of paramedics etc. Unfortunately last year I was diagnosed in need of an angioplasty which I had private medical care as the waiting list in my area was too long. Anyway it worked a treat until early yesterday morning while my OH and I were walking our dogs and I had a severe angina attack and I actually thought I was going to die out there - I don't know how my OH managed to get me home as well as the dogs, any how my BG level went up, up, up and later I managed to change the cannula and reservoir in my pump and it has kept me in perfect control in the 5-7 ever since, surprised me but I am very pleased about it. My GP has written to the Cardiologist asking him to check me over under the NHS. I am just hoping he can help me as I am not ready to give up yet even if I am in my 55th year of living with Type 1 diabetes.

jusme
Really sorry to hear of your ordeal jusme ~ I guess it was a frightening experience for you. Just as well you had your o/h with you. Some of us are certainly sent here to be tried eh?:( Your GP is on the ball referring you to a Cardiologist, I trust you won't have to wait too long for that appointment. The sooner you're checked over the better. Take care and please let us know how you get on wont you x

Thanks Hobie I have been working hard at it all these years and I am hoping (more than hoping) I will last out to see my son get married in February next year (I wish he would bring it forward).

Congratulations to the bloke who has lived with it 60 years.

jusme

Your head gets puddled with "have I just taken my insulin" or how many carbs ? or what have I been doing (exercise)? Good luck with son & wedding plans 😉

I was talking to a bloke who was in his 60th year of T1 😎. Big respect to you for your 55 years 😉😎. That's a lot of effort !🙂
And a hell of a lot of injections before the pump! Have you ever worked out how many injections you've done over your 51 years @HOBIE ?

And a hell of a lot of injections before the pump! Have you ever worked out how many injections you've done over your 51 years @HOBIE ?
I did Davein !. Years ago but 4 injections a day from being 3. To say I was pleased to see how good PUMPs are was an under statement ! 😱:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back