Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustee2011

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have cut down on stuff significantly.
I am now having a lot of tuna sandwiches, (lunch) and fruit.

My supper treat last night was chicken nuggets with falafel balls. Just flavoured water.
AND the odd protein bar. I have decided to restart my support groups for Anxiety and depression. Fingers crossed I passed my Level 3 in Counselling Skills.

As I am of a big build, I tend to look for food to fill me up. I do like to have a banana a day.

Onwards and Upwards

Tuna's good but not sure about the bread, chicken nuggets and banana to be honest. I have a Nature Valley protein bar most days (only 10.2g carb per bar) but never more than one.

Trying to figure out what to replace the bread with. As my job can involve lots of walking. Security

Might go back to Rye bread instead.

Tuna is good and chicken is good but unfortunately the coating on nuggets and the bread for sarnies are both high carb. Falafel, I have no idea!! The only way you can determine how you react to such foods is to finger prick test after eating.

Bananas and most fruit is also high carb. I stick mainly to berries these days (generally strawberries).

Falafel, I have no idea!!
Me neither, but just looked them up - they're vegan and made from chickpeas, onion, coriander. Many different varieties and carb content seems to vary widely by brand/variety with some saying 14% and others 36%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back