Just a Little Share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha1

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi All..

Well over the past few days Nathan has been putting up resistance over his insulin injections and messed trying to miss some of them...😡.. Yesterday in particular started off badly when he refused point blank his breakfast dose.. Determined not to make the situation confrontational.. I just said " It's up to you son, but you will feel ill, but thats your choice, I cannot force you".... Needless to say by the afternoon BG was rising not overly high, but enough to warrant Nathan requesting insulin as he had a headache coming on...🙂

Today however he has been totally different.... and his BG readings have been brilliant..

Breakfast ..... 5.2
Dinner ..... 4.0
Tea ..... 5.8
Supper ..... 4.9

Heidi
xx🙂

Wow those are good numbers Heidi :D Im glad Nath has had a good bloods day :D

yess thats great readings hun well done N

Aah - your a lovely mum Heidi! Nathan is so lucky to have you - you didnt rise to the bait and you kept your cool - and you let Nathan learn his own lesson - which he did! Brilliant levels the next day though! Has he said why he didnt want to inject or was it a teenage thing?🙂Bev

I know just how he feels. We all do. Some days i really have to psyche myself up to do my jabs. There is a point when I do say that enough is enough and I just stop taking the extra novorpaid that I can opt to take as in corrective doses that is. I just pack it in for the day, check my blood before I go to bed and give my evening levemir and hope that the next morning my bloods are fine. I might, if I can persuade myself to do it take a corrective dose in the eveningwith the levemir.

Tom

Well done Sasha!! Ace parenting! It can't be easy to stand back like & let them learn for themselves like that, but what a result! Good stuff 🙂

I know just how he feels. We all do. Some days i really have to psyche myself up to do my jabs. There is a point when I do say that enough is enough and I just stop taking the extra novorpaid that I can opt to take as in corrective doses that is. I just pack it in for the day, check my blood before I go to bed and give my evening levemir and hope that the next morning my bloods are fine. I might, if I can persuade myself to do it take a corrective dose in the eveningwith the levemir.

Tom

Hi Tom, You've got a great deal more experience at this than me, but I do have some understanding of how you feel. I only posted recently that I had taken my first ever correction dose - I think I accepted that I need it with meals from the start, but to have to inject in between made it seem that the diabetes was in charge, not me.

Heidi, glad you could bring Nathan round to reason without confrontation - I cannot begin to imagine how I would cope with a recalcitrant Kevin, and you did a brilliant job!🙂

Hmmm, experience. Despite having had diabetes for thirteen years I'd say that it's only the last two or three years that really count for something, if anything. I know what you mean about thinking that the diabetes is in charge. It does get me down when I end up feeling like that. That's one of the reasons I've gone on this carb counting course so that I can feel more in charge. Sometimes, even with my new knowledge (the day you stop learning is the day you die) I do get the feeling that the diabetes is in charge. Today certainly has made me feel like that.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back