Just a Glass of wine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellowyne

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone, I just have a quick question please?

I am not a drinker, I have'nt drunk in many years!...However, I am going to have a small gathering at my home and I would like, for a change, to relax and have a glass of wine, maximum 2!...But, I am unsure of how this works with Diabetes?

I will be having the drink along with buffet type food...So, do I take my Insulin with the food if I am going to be drinking wine?...I hope this does'nt get too complicated, just really fancy a simple glass of sparkling wine! :D

Hope everyone is ok, or at least coping!...Lot'sa Luv, Ellowyne xXx

A glass of wine will probably do you good, Ellowyne, not harm! 🙂 Everything in moderation and you will be fine, especially as you will be taking food with it. It only becomes a problem when you are having a few glasses - then it can cause your levels to rise initially, then drop lower later as your liver deals with the alcohol. I very much doubt that a glass or two over the evening will cause you problems, but do test your levels before bed and have a small snack if you are concerned that your levels are lower than normal. I personally just take my insulin as normal, although some people find it is better to reduce it slightly. Again, as you are nibbling along with the wine I wouldn't think it was necessary.

Enjoy your evening! :D

even my gp has said a small amount wont do you too much harm so enjoy sweetie xx as northe said a samll carby snack before bed if your levels are dropping xx🙂

Thank you so much!...I feel ok to go ahead with all your reassurance :D

I will look forward to that now, a nice evening relaxing, just what I need!
I'll probably be quite tipsy on a couple of glasses, lol, been so, so long since I had alchohol of any sort!...I think it may be over the weekend, not sure yet, in the middle of decorating and I'm all in a muddle!...But I have the bottle of wine ready in my fridge...well, it was half price at Tesco's 🙂

Thank you!...Luv Ellowyne xXx

I'm type 2 so can't advise about the insulin, but at weekends I enjoy a glass of wine with a couple of my meals and feel better for it.

It is a treat and we all need treats sometimes. A glass or two of wine from time to time does you good, and because it is a treat, you enjoy it all the more. I'd go crazy if I didn't have treats sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back