Jogging can be harmful, scientists claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
People who sweat and slave in extreme workouts in the hope that they will live longer may be unwittingly harming themselves, according to US researchers.

Those do moderate exercise - amounting to two to three hours of running a week - live the longest, while people running a lot, and those who do none at all, both have shorter lifespans, Health Day reported.

While scientists are uncertain as to why this is the case, they believe it could be linked to how jogging affects heart health.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-can-be-harmful-scientists-claim-9233877.html

I'd need a LOT more evidence than this! 🙄 The headline is nonsense anyway - jogging is not "sweating and slaving in extreme workouts", it's the type of exercise they say in the article is the best! Nor is running more than 20 miles a week, if you are fit and capable of doing it. Nor is 'jogging' the same as running. I wonder how many of the researchers were runners?

It's probably nonsense, but I do quite like articles that tell me jogging is harmful and eating chocolate is good for me 😉

Is walking at an extremely slow pace good for you :(, followed by a sit down a coffee and a cake , just wondered 😉(p.s not sure I can have a pub lunch with someone who can run more that 20 miles at a time, you know who you are 😛)

I knew there was a good reason not to exercise :D:D

Seriously though, why is jogging not the same as running? My friend who"s a runner says that too, but it all looks the same to me (I.e. torture 🙄)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back