Jobcentre call to offer more benefit, paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph-YK

Much missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just had a phone call. Someone claiming to be from the Jobcentre. They said I may be entitled to more JSA because I've just been awarded a new benefit. (Later mentioned PIP, which I did apply for months ago. I only just had a phone assesment exactly 2 weeks ago. Not heard anything else.) Asked a couple of questions.
Unlike usual phone calls from DWP/Jobcentre, an actually number was displayed instead of "caller unkown". And I don't remember them ever telling me I'm entitles to anything. (Or anything at all for that matter!) You're to tell them.
I'm doubting if it was a genuin call.

Usually, you can type numbers into google and that would provide a list of scammers. With job centres new Universal credit system most things are placed into your online journal. If you are worried ring them, and they can give you more information.

I've been googling the number, with mixed results. It doesn't bring up any DWP/Jobcentre pages.
I've had nothering to do with Universal Credit, and don't have any online contact with them. (Had the misfortune to have an Universal Jobsmatch account when that existed!)

I get PIP Ralph.

If you also receive a benefit such as JSA, ESA etc, you are entitled to SDP (severe disability premium) to be added which is also backdated to when your PIP will be backdated to.

Mine worked exactly the same, I was awarded PIP, then DWP contacted me about SDP.

Sounds like you were cautious with the answers you gave @Ralph-YK - thankfully!

Unfortuneatly scammers have got info from elsewhere some time ago, and any phone call could have been a "top up". At least one of the "recruitment/employment" agencies I dealt with put my details on a list. And at lease one used it themselves.
Got a load of scam & span emails, including "tax man" wanting to give me a "refund" (just give your details on this website) and a ton of dating adverts (Asian Friends anyone).

From what you have said Ralph, it sounds like you are entitled to SDP.

What did they ask you?

Have you had your decision regarding your PIP?

I had telephone assesment for PIP exactly two weeks ago today. Today I had a payment that says "DWP PIP" on it. Seems a bit quick for normal times, let along in C19 times.
No letter or other confirmation though.

Questions:
Whether I lived with anyone, does anyone claim Carers Allowance for me, use to, etc. Which bank do I use!

That sounds about right, the PIP claims are coming through exceptionally quickly at the moment as are the appeals, the questions that you were being asked are those that you would be asked if you were entitled to the severe disability premium - well done for being cautious, but why don't you give DWP a ring and ask them? If you are entitled to SDP then that's an additional £66.95 a week on top of your JSA and PIP so well worth having. Also it will 'protect' you from the time being from having to go on universal credit.

I am a member of another forum related to PIP and sometimes at the moment the PIP decisions are getting done really quick to try and process them quicker.

It’s usual for the payment to go in before you get the decision letter, mine went in and then I got the letter about five days later. The amount that has went in is the backdated amount and then you will be paid every four weeks.

In terms of the phone call, it’s the exact same phone call I received after my backdated PIP payment went in.

The reason for the questions is because the eligibility for the SDP element is you must live alone and no one should be receiving carers allowanxe for you.

In terms of asking about the bank, that’s because they also backdate you to the date you originally applied for PIP.

The SDP is then paid extra on top of your JSA/ESA every fortnight.

When my PIP and SDP was backdated I had received nearly £4000 in money as the process can be long.

It sounds like the exact same call I received but if you are worried just ring the usual JSA/ESA helpline and ask them to confirm.

One final thing, congrats on the award of PIP, it will help you with any extra needs or costs you have related to your medical condition/disability.

I got an unexpected payment today, that says DWP JSA on it. It's an amount I wouldn't expect to get, on a day I wouldn't get it.
Wrang up payment office, and they told me I've got Servera Disability Allowance. I've recieved it cause I'm getting a particular part of PIP (failed to make a note of it).
With the different benefits, it's more confusing than it used to be!

I got an unexpected payment today, that says DWP JSA on it. It's an amount I wouldn't expect to get, on a day I wouldn't get it.
Wrang up payment office, and they told me I've got Servera Disability Allowance. I've recieved it cause I'm getting a particular part of PIP (failed to make a note of it).
With the different benefits, it's more confusing than it used to be!

That will be the backdated amount they owe you of SDP Ralph.

Moving forward, the SDP will be paid fortnightly on the same day as your JSA, so you will notice the amount been higher.

Alongside this you will get your PIP every four weeks.

So moving forward every four weeks you will get three payments - 2x JSA (including SDP) & 1x PIP.

Great that you are getting some additional support @Ralph-YK

Sorry it was such a confusing and chaotic experience getting through the process though!

That will be the backdated amount they owe you of SDP Ralph.

Moving forward, the SDP will be paid fortnightly on the same day as your JSA, so you will notice the amount been higher.

Alongside this you will get your PIP every four weeks.

So moving forward every four weeks you will get three payments - 2x JSA (including SDP) & 1x PIP.
I haven't got my next PIP yet. I have got another payment that includes SDP. I got 4 letters, some time after the first few payments, telling me I was going to get them.

What date was your last PIP?

Did the letter not say when they would make payments?

What date was your last PIP?

Did the letter not say when they would make payments?
It's not been a month yet. I don't remember any of the letters saying when I'd get regular payments, other than monthly.
I was updating while I remembers actually having started this thread 🙄

It's not been a month yet. I don't remember any of the letters saying when I'd get regular payments, other than monthly.
I was updating while I remembers actually having started this thread 🙄

It’s not monthly your paid PIP, it’s every 4 weeks, it’s always the same day, e.g a Tuesday for example, but a different date each month, so you will get 1 month every year where you get 2 payments.

It’s not monthly your paid PIP, it’s every 4 weeks, it’s always the same day, e.g a Tuesday for example, but a different date each month, so you will get 1 month every year where you get 2 payments.
Its not 1 month where you get 2 payments..you just get 13 payments per year as you said on the same weekday every 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back