Jelly Babies more hyper cause than hypo cure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
After the thread where you guys talked about how good jelly babies were to sort hypos I bought some as I had a hypo just before Brum meet I went to the Tesco Express by Bar Estilo at the Mailbox . Sorted the hypo a treat. But bad boy cherry coke and wispa at uni for breakfast is rearing his head and I can't help chobling the little bliters and it doesn't matter what colour I'm not a Jellybaby racist. HELP!!!!

Come back funsized coke all is forgiven.

Marc

You've obviously not been on the Jelly Baby Restraint course Marc! You need to cultivate an extreme aversion to a particular colour, then populate your hypo emergency bag with a majority of that colour. You'll enjoy the 'nice' ones, but won't be tempted to overtreat! 😉

Northerner is right, and you will discover that in any case there are always more of the colours that you don't like much.

After the thread where you guys talked about how good jelly babies were to sort hypos I bought some as I had a hypo just before Brum meet I went to the Tesco Express by Bar Estilo at the Mailbox . Sorted the hypo a treat. But bad boy cherry coke and wispa at uni for breakfast is rearing his head and I can't help chobling the little bliters and it doesn't matter what colour I'm not a Jellybaby racist. HELP!!!!

Come back funsized coke all is forgiven.

Marc

This is exactly why I have not tried jelly babies yet. I do not trust myself at all.

With funsized full sugar coke it's so much easier to take the 15g and no more. But it tastes like cough mixture.

Lucozade for me. 8 gulps = 15g 🙂

I don't buy jelly babies because I eat them before I need them, which is probably why I don't need them...

I always have 2 bags on me incase of hypo, dont really feel tempted though, as I know if I have anything uncovered by insulin my readings will be out, and that idea alone annoys me............the trick is to become obssesed with getting it right...........😱

I'm with NRboi all the way ! :D

Damn, I feel righteous ! 😎

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back