Jardiance

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowball12

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Has anyone had an alternative to this horrid drug. My GP keeps prescribing it every few years even though he knows it gives me thrush. My sugars have increased a little due to extremely stressful few years. I am currently trying to cut my dosage of Duloxetine so I am suffering a little bit. I just can't cope with my useless GP who refuses to listen to me. Apologies for the rant

Hi. Thrush would normally be caused by high blood sugar. Are you testing your blood sugar with a glucose meter to check. I assume you are T2. Have you been on Metformin at any time which many T2s use?

Has anyone had an alternative to this horrid drug. My GP keeps prescribing it every few years even though he knows it gives me thrush. My sugars have increased a little due to extremely stressful few years. I am currently trying to cut my dosage of Duloxetine so I am suffering a little bit. I just can't cope with my useless GP who refuses to listen to me. Apologies for the rant
As the the medication is one which encourages the body the get ris of excess glucose via urine then yes people are more likely to get UTIs and thrush as you are excreting a sugary liquid which bacteria and yeast absolutely love. The best thing you can do is make some dietary changes so your glucose levels are not so high. Also making sure you drink plenty, I believe at least 3 litres a day is suggested otherwise you can become dehydrated.
Dietary changes can have a bigger impact that some medications so you should maybe look more carefully at your dietary regime and reduce your carbohydrate intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back