Jardiance and suggested combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2Canada

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am Type 2 and only using Jardiance 25mg (Empagliflozine), plus the obligatory Perindopril (blood pressure) and Rosuvastatin. Vit B12 + D3. Jardiance is well accepted by my human ecosystem and none of the usual suspects for reactions or rejection.

Has anybody had a positive experience with additional medication(s) - not Metformin - to add to the cocktail? Getting too many blips into the 12-13 mmol/L after meals - or late night snacks. My family doctor prescribed Trajenta (Linagliptin) and that was not well received by my system. Just 2 tablets (1 per day) and I had to quit. Let's just say "Whammo" ... bad idea!

Going to discuss with my Endo next visit but I have found that peer reviews and recommendations based on personal experiences can be a powerful resource (in many areas, not just Diabetes management). That way I can also look like I know a bit about when I am asking about an additional med.

I was a Medical Research Lab Technician in Microbiology and Immunology many years ago, my wife was a nurse, and I took 1st year medicine while a Med Tech ... so I can carry on a seemingly comprehensive conversation with a doctor without appearing to be an Internet Armchair medical expert stumbling through medical terminology LOL. (I did say "many" years ago, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back