Jam....

EMcKT

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
My big freezer needs defrosting and tidying, but there is a lot of fruit in it. So, I am in the kitchen making strawberry jam and trying so hard not to lick the teaspoon from the saucer that's in the fridge waiting on setting point........it's still not setting but looking better. Have had water, cottage cheese, but feel as though I may give in.....

:D
Stay stong! x

I have a similar reaction to yummy peanut butter...

Peanut butter is OK, especially good quality crunchy which I buy for myself as a treat, but hot homemade jam is not!!!!!! 5 X lb jars and three wee ones quietly cooling . It's a bit runny but hopefully will set. Kitchen mess cleared up , glass of water in hand and sitting down........

My big freezer needs defrosting and tidying, but there is a lot of fruit in it. So, I am in the kitchen making strawberry jam and trying so hard not to lick the teaspoon from the saucer that's in the fridge waiting on setting point........it's still not setting but looking better. Have had water, cottage cheese, but feel as though I may give in.....
You could add chia seed to absorb liquid if the jam is too runny.
If you are hungry at lunchtime then eat - there must be something else in the freezer you could cook to stave off temptation - hopefully?

No chai seed in the house, it's cooling and looking better. Good deal in the reduced section at Tesco, too good to miss but way to much to eat fresh hence the freezer. I had ostrich and cauliflower , broccoli and cheese for tea. Discovered ostrich steak does not BBQ well..........bit dry , better in a pan with butter.

Back