I've been listening to podcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickS

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All,
I'd be very interested to know what others opinions are on a relatively new (to me), area of research. The use of various hacks to help with glucose and insulin control.
I'm not thinking so much of "The Glucose Goddess" although she does promote some of them.
I have been listening to the latest episode of The Doctors Kitchen. It discusses the use of vinegar, exercise, nutritional sequencing, pysillium husk, green tea extract and a few other things to better manage diabetes. Not specifically, but it is particularly relavent to T2D's. There is also relavance to cholesterol control.
It is a bit more real world than a lot of stuff I have heard and read.
Well worth a listen.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Nick

I don't really need any tricks to be in control - I do have psyllium flour and other low carb powders for baking, though these days I don't do much as I seem to eat so little. I neglect anything to do with cholesterol having been hit so hard when given tablets to reduce it and needing so much time and work on my memory to get back to something like my former state.

My thoughts are that researching can be very helpful to build up your knowledge about how to manage your diabetes...provided you understand why something might help. Where an explanation is accompanied by the rationale why something might be beneficial it can be useful as you know why you might adopt it, where it isn't it is just information that you are left to believe or not - not something I'd stake my health on.

Although you might have to wade through a fair bit of material once you start building up knowledge that might help to form something actionable I think its valuable. Taking a very simple example, at the beginning I did not know that I could food process cauliflower and it could be used as a substitute for rice. That one thing opened up many more dishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back