its just sh*t

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanW81

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
in the summer the levels went weird (higher) and i had to adjust...which after a bit i did! now in the winter the levels seem to be adjusting again! why are they going higher???? i just dont understand this!

Hi

I would imagine it is the weather again. It is the extreme temperatures unfortunately and some people go up and some go down. My daughter hasn't seemed to have changed but we seem to be the only place where there is no snow and I love snow.

Its a nightmare isn't it. I hope you get back on an even keel. 🙂

Hi

I would imagine it is the weather again. It is the extreme temperatures unfortunately and some people go up and some go down. My daughter hasn't seemed to have changed but we seem to be the only place where there is no snow and I love snow.

Its a nightmare isn't it. I hope you get back on an even keel. 🙂

i hardly have any snow either. everything is REALLY cold though , but i seem to be taking a lot more than usual.....oh well, i guess ill have to adjust again then :(

Hope you sort it out soon but yes it's just sheeet isn't it every day!

in winter my levels seem to be higher too.. its very annoying i think its coz i'm not as active because its soo cold and just wanna be infront of the fire! xx

Just wondering how long you have been diagnosed? The only thing you can do is react to these things and adjust your insulin doses. In the last year i have more than doubled my basal dose, sometimes you just have to go with the flow and change things as necesarry.

As Sofaraway says, just go with the flow - eg get out and play in the snow: the combination of cold and activity will almost certainly reduce insulin requirements, but as long as you're taking the right amount of insulin for you and your life, that's all that matters.
There may even be an additional benefit - snow on Friday meant I skied to work Away Day, which won a bottle of champagne for my team ("Most active commute to work" award) at the evening meal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back