Its all going wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I dont usually have a moan as I know theres people worse off but I feel so warn out lately I have gone to bed the last 2 nights with heartburn which i have mentioned before , and then last night I also went to bed with a pain right in the front of my head really bad shooting pain kept me up on the sofa till 6 i have had 6 hours sleep last 2 nights, its getting on my wick cause im snapping at my son and o/h and i really dont feel like eating, I have a runny nose and a bloody annoying sore throat and of course my bad back from thursday.I dont even feel like going to my course tomorrow but i dont want to let them down I just dont like feeling like this because im usually so upbeat.I know if i try and get into my GPS i will just clam up and end up shutting down.Please can someone offer me any advice or any words to lift my mood

Thanks people sorry for bringing down peoples mood .:(

Hey Gorgeous - not spoken to you for a while but it looks like you need a big hug so here you go HUG 🙂
My advice would be to stock up on pain killers, go to your GPS and plan out what you want to get across first - maybe even on a bit of paper.
Definately go to your course if you can - tell yourself you can do it and I guarentee you will be able to
Bob x

HI Steph,

Really sorry to hear your feeling down.:(

I just wanted to say that the heartburn thing will get worse unless you see the doctor. I have suffered with similar since last August and had a camera down my throat 2 weeks ago to see if i had an ulcer - i dont - but i do have acid reflux and am now on tablets to counteract the acid. It will get worse if left untreated i am afraid. Heartburn happens for a reason and if you dont find out what that is - it wont go away! Your sleeping pattern will deteriorate as the heartburn always gets worse at night because your lying down and it comes up through the muscle to wake you up and cause you pain!😱

Go to the GP and tell him everything - sounds like you need an overall check up.🙂Bev x

hello, i too have suffered from acid reflux for years but since i lost weight (nearly 2 stones) it has improved considerably and although i have prescribed medication for it, i only take it when it gets bad but haven't taken the tablets for weeks now. I also have an acid reflux pillow (wedge shape) which really helps too.

Thanks guys your right Bev i cant ignore it

steff ..go tomorrow you got a lot out of this course so far ...it might be a big effort but think of all the energy you use worrying about not going..bring your heart burn problems up if you get a chance...but also book yourself to see gp....and drink some milk warm it if its easier xx

Awww, Steff, you poor thing.
I agree with Bob, paracetamol is probably your best option on painkillers, avoid Ibuprofen as that can irritate your stomach.
Do try to tell your dic (oops, freudian typo...my Gp's deffinately one of those hehehe), i mean doc, about your heartburn. Try these questions: Is it worse when you lay down? Is it made better or worse by eating? You might just have an excess of acid for some reason (stress? Eating habit changes?) and he can give you some meds to help out. Maybe you've got a stomach bug, there's a lot going around at the moment. Don't worry, whatever the cause of the pain, stress is likely to make it worse.
In the meantime, take care, keep yourself warm and drink lots of water and clear liquids (i think that can include tea), and i think even my diabetes team would agree that you should blood test more than usual when you're ill.

Get well soon

Rachel

Awww, Steff, you poor thing.
I agree with Bob, paracetamol is probably your best option on painkillers, avoid Ibuprofen as that can irritate your stomach.
Do try to tell your dic (oops, freudian typo...my Gp's deffinately one of those hehehe), i mean doc, about your heartburn. Try these questions: Is it worse when you lay down? Is it made better or worse by eating? You might just have an excess of acid for some reason (stress? Eating habit changes?) and he can give you some meds to help out. Maybe you've got a stomach bug, there's a lot going around at the moment. Don't worry, whatever the cause of the pain, stress is likely to make it worse.
In the meantime, take care, keep yourself warm and drink lots of water and clear liquids (i think that can include tea), and i think even my diabetes team would agree that you should blood test more than usual when you're ill.

Get well soon

Rachel

Thanks Rachel I got a exercise book of questions already made up , im going go to course and when im back get onto my GP

thanks

Sorry to hear you arent feeling well Steff.

I would encourage you to struggle into the course tomorrow if you can, I think it will lift your spirits and you can always leave early if you turn out not to be up to it.

Any chance OH can accompany you to the GP's? Sometimes we all need a little support, even if that means someone else speaking a little on your behalf. Also it might help him and you to be involved.

Feel better hon x

Sorry to hear you arent feeling well Steff.

I would encourage you to struggle into the course tomorrow if you can, I think it will lift your spirits and you can always leave early if you turn out not to be up to it.

Any chance OH can accompany you to the GP's? Sometimes we all need a little support, even if that means someone else speaking a little on your behalf. Also it might help him and you to be involved.

Feel better hon x

I am going to the course it is carb awareness tomorrow and im really interested in learning more about that , and doubt o/h could he works very early hours and i always go for morning appointments at docs cause of work and picking son up.

hope your feeling better soon my dear xx

Hey Steff - just saw your post (I was not on yesterday evening). Really hope you managed to get a bit more sleep last night and are feeling better this morning. I agree with the others, you should go to the GP about this, armed with your list of questions.

Hope your course is useful today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back