its 7.30am and I'm fed up of the d already

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
waking bg 10.0, tingling fingers AGAIN

I hate this so much. I went to bed on 7.5 and I wake up high? What the HELL?

Seriously, the pump can't come soon enough. I just don't get on with MDI it seems, just when I think I've gotten something right it seems I haven't.

What on earth is going on with these thingling fingers? They don't hurt, just irritate. Is it a form of N? Because if it is, I don't know what I will do. I'm not sure I can take much more of this complication.

Not only that, I found out last night that a good friend of mines best friend is T1, and has lost her baby (giving birth to a stillborn...) because she didn't control her diabetes during pregnancy. Its so, so sad.

c/mon chin up, you mustn't loose focus, it may be sometime before you are "live" on the pump so crack on with getting MDI to work for you, and don't get so down when you don't get a "good" reading. I know it's easy for me to say and I don't mean to sound high and mighty but it's still insulin and what your eating doing etc etc.

Hope the day turns a corner and you have a good one.

Rossi 🙂

c/mon chin up, you mustn't loose focus, it may be sometime before you are "live" on the pump so crack on with getting MDI to work for you, and don't get so down when you don't get a "good" reading. I know it's easy for me to say and I don't mean to sound high and mighty but it's still insulin and what your eating doing etc etc.

Hope the day turns a corner and you have a good one.

Rossi 🙂

the day will only get better when i get back from the place that shall not be named 😱

I hope you are feeling better. Spme days are like that. If it is any consolation I was up and sick a couple of times in the night and had a bad headache.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend too. I hope she is able to recover and move on.

I hope that you can get the pump soon and I hope that your fingers stop tingling soon. If it helps I had the finger tingling all yesterday I have no idea why because my bg's have been steady I've had no double figures lately and they were in the 7's all day.

Really sorry to hear about your friend's loss, I can't begin to imagine how she feel's right now xx

I hope that you can get the pump soon and I hope that your fingers stop tingling soon. If it helps I had the finger tingling all yesterday I have no idea why because my bg's have been steady I've had no double figures lately and they were in the 7's all day.

Really sorry to hear about your friend's loss, I can't begin to imagine how she feel's right now xx

I had it all day yesterday too :confused: I'm wondering if its because of the finger pricking - as I was never told to not use my pads yaknow.

As for my friends friend (sister in law)...the thought of it terrifies me D: I feel so so bad for her, and have said if she needs anyone to talk to then she can always talk to me. But she doesn't have internet access. So I'm sat here worrying about her and my friend and the funny thing is, i've never even met them :(

Hi Sam - I hope this does not come accross as harsh - it is meant with good intentions

I know it is difficult but you need to try not to give up on your care until you get your pump (I know you are not giving up - but cant think of a better phrase).

As Rossi says I am sure the pump will help your control but, as I have found out, there can be a very long wait to get one even after you have won the battle for approval.

With everything else you are going through at the moment it must be so hard not to let bad readings make you feel down, but try not to get so fed up with it all. I find the most frustrating thing with diabetes is the inconsistency, you can do exactly the same one day as the next and get completely different readings.

That is very sad about your friends baby - do you know how bad her control was during the pregnancy?

Big hugs

Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back