Itchy skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinklady1969

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hi everyone
The last couple of days I've started getting itchy all over no dry skin. Face and head the worse. Is this a diabetic thing. I'm type1 lada sugar levels in range 96% of the time. Do any of you suffer from this and if so is there a treatment? Doctor calling me next week.

Hi everyone
The last couple of days I've started getting itchy all over no dry skin. Face and head the worse. Is this a diabetic thing. I'm type1 lada sugar levels in range 96% of the time. Do any of you suffer from this and if so is there a treatment? Doctor calling me next week.
Have you changed anything like your detergent, shower gel, shampoo or similar. You could try an antihistamine as it may be an allergy or have a word with your pharmacist as they could suggest a lotion or cream to help.

I have had this a couple of times since diagnosis where my face particularly but scalp and arms or chest would be extremely sensitive and it felt almost like I had tiny insects running all over my face and scalp. At times I genuinely thought I must be loppy and went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and ruffled my hair over the basin, but never found/saw anything and eventually it settled down again without any treatment and I honestly don't know what it was, but it did have me a bit demented intermittently for a few weeks.

Hi everyone
An excess of bilirubin left me in huge difficulty with itching under the skin. This happened after my pancreatic tumour started to strangle my pancreas. I am NOT saying you have a tumour!!! Just explaining that high bilirubin levels can cause dreadful itching and high bilirubin levels can arise for different reasons. Needs a blood test to identify that cause.

Mine was allowed to continue for 6 weeks thanks to incompetence; a stent (bypass) should have been put in but got "overlooked". Once the stent was in (day procedure) relief took less than 24 hrs. I was almost 3 months before the main surgery, which was not considered an emergency - better to get me in good health before operating. I felt that reasoning was OK.

I had Obstetric cholestasis during one of my pregnancies and that caused unbearable itching on my hands and feet. My face and head were fine. Sometimes seborrhoeic dermatitis can cause itching on the face and scalp, and sometimes it can be a simple zinc or vitamin deficiency that causes it. There’s also something called diabetic itching, which is related to nerve issues, I think.

I’d start with a few supplements, make sure I was eating enough healthy fats, stick to gentle washing powders, toiletries and shampoos without SLS, and use a good moisturiser to soothe like Aloe Vera gel.

I am.struggling with this at the moment, skin is so sore but the skin doesn't look red or anything so u wouldn't think anything was wrong, sometimes it is so bad it makes me cry. It also affects the bottom of my feet and makes them so painful. Am using glycerine soap at the moment and E45 cream. Need to see my doctor again next week so going to speak to him and see what he suggests.

I also suffer with bouts of itchy skin, usually lower legs, ankles and lower back, as with kellie01 no visible signs. A trip to my GP failed to diagnose the cause, eventually I was prescribed Benovate RD cream which I believe contains some steroid element, it works ok for me and I just use it for 2/3 days when a flare up occurs.

Hi everyone
I got incredible itching with no rash when my liver is out of such from my gallstones flaring up, my back, arms and soles of my feet, hope you get some answers soon.

I occasionally get itching armpits, thighs and breast area. Antifungal cream usually sorts it.

I got incredible itching with no rash when my liver is out of such from my gallstones flaring up, my back, arms and soles of my feet, hope you get some answers soon.
Mmm that is interesting about your liver, as i had a blood test and it has bought up a problem with my liver which i need to.see the doctor about, wonder if this is the same thing ?.x

Mmm that is interesting about your liver, as i had a blood test and it has bought up a problem with my liver which i need to.see the doctor about, wonder if this is the same thing ?.x
I would update your dr in the morning, liver issues can change quickly, it felt like my skin was crawling and no amount of scratching would relieve it. I was put on clear fluids and a drip last time it became an issue. Hope it is not this as would not wish it on anyone. Hope it clears up soon what ever it is!

I agree with @Sarahhp, liver issues can move quickly and can become most debilitating. Can you see your blood test results on line through Patient Access or the NHS app? Is your itching still a nuisance?

Has your BG got elevated these last few days? Medical stress from medical probs can affect one's BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back