itchy lower legs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peely66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Anyone else experienced this.

I've had it on and off for a few years now and just had a few nights of it again. Mentioned it at the Drs when it first happened and was brushed off as nothing serious. It does come and go. I haven't noticed a pattern at all. I thought it might be some sort of neurological effect of long term diabetes. It happens at night and goes off in the morning...

Anyone else experienced this.

I've had it on and off for a few years now and just had a few nights of it again. Mentioned it at the Drs when it first happened and was brushed off as nothing serious. It does come and go. I haven't noticed a pattern at all. I thought it might be some sort of neurological effect of long term diabetes. It happens at night and goes off in the morning...
A number of folks experience with with Metformin. If you don't take metformin, do you have any form of rash or dry skin?

Sorry to hear this @Peely66

Have you had an annual review recently? Are your pulses and foot sensitivity OK?

Any correlation with glucose levels that you can identify?

Some people mention B12 in connection with pins and needles?

Hope it turns out to be nothing.

I get the fronts of my ankles/lower shins itching occasionally. I’ve narrowed it down to dry skin, in the end. I only get it in winter, especially if I've been wearing ankle boots with socks, and the folds in the sock have irritated the skin by pressing on it. Moisturiser helps, or an anti-itch cream relieves it totally. And mine is sporadic, and is always gone by the next morning.

I've had a similar thing lately, also rather sporadic. It started as a tickling around my foot but has gone up my leg recently. It's only on the left leg, the one I haven't had knee replacement for (my right knee was done in September and is fine). I need to phone my consultant's team in January (if I can get through!) so will mention it to them then. If I can't get through I will talk to my surgery.

Forgot to say that when my pulses and sensitivity were checked by my physio lady everything was fine.

Sorry to hear this @Peely66

Have you had an annual review recently? Are your pulses and foot sensitivity OK?

Any correlation with glucose levels that you can identify?

Some people mention B12 in connection with pins and needles?

Hope it turns out to be nothing.
Had a review in October and no problems with pulses and sensitivity.

Maybe it is just dry skin?

As it has gone on for some time I'm assuming it's nothing sinister but I'll try and see if there are any patterns...I haven't noticed any yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back