Itchy feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulW10

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It's not all the time just now and again but does anybody else get crazy mad itching on the top of their feet, drives me mad.

It's not all the time just now and again but does anybody else get crazy mad itching on the top of their feet, drives me mad.
Diabetes can cause foot problems and a common issue is itchiness. Typical causes are dry skin, fungal infections and poor circulation. How's your BG management?

Diabetes can cause foot problems and a common issue is itchiness. Typical causes are dry skin, fungal infections and poor circulation. How's your BG management?
I have my feet looked after by a podiatrist every six weeks, I've had this done before I was diagnosed anyway, don't know what BG management is.

BG management is how well you control your blood glucose (BG) @PaulW10 In this colder weather, it could just be dry or sensitive skin so try a moisturiser. Also, it could be a fungal thing. Athlete’s foot can spread up onto the top of the foot sometimes and cause itching and irritation. I’d try a moisturiser and maybe some aloe vera gel and see if it improves.

BG management is how well you control your blood glucose (BG) @PaulW10 In this colder weather, it could just be dry or sensitive skin so try a moisturiser. Also, it could be a fungal thing. Athlete’s foot can spread up onto the top of the foot sometimes and cause itching and irritation. I’d try a moisturiser and maybe some aloe vera gel and see if it improves.
Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back