It took over my life….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A recent weekend away taught me that diabetes shouldn’t take over your life, it should fit into your life!

About 5 months into to type 1 life, panic attacks, anxiety, stress, tears, you name it, it got me.

I went away for the weekend with my pals, let my hair down. Realised that I don’t need to test 15 times a day, realised that I can trust my body and trust the science behind it all.

This last week has been the most easiest, relaxing diabetic week I’ve had, and long may it continue.

My business, partner and 8 month old baby have enjoyed having me back on form 🙂

Pointless post but hope some people can read and take the positive vibes into their journey x

Yee Hah! Jimmy - I'm really pleased you enjoyed yourself properly - it does honestly get easier with time - exactly as you keep getting told but never believe until you find it out for yourself !

A recent weekend away taught me that diabetes shouldn’t take over your life, it should fit into your life!

About 5 months into to type 1 life, panic attacks, anxiety, stress, tears, you name it, it got me.

I went away for the weekend with my pals, let my hair down. Realised that I don’t need to test 15 times a day, realised that I can trust my body and trust the science behind it all.

This last week has been the most easiest, relaxing diabetic week I’ve had, and long may it continue.

My business, partner and 8 month old baby have enjoyed having me back on form 🙂

Pointless post but hope some people can read and take the positive vibes into their journey x
What a positive post, I am also 5 months in and going on my first trip away for five days on Monday. I hope I experience similar to yourself. Liverpool here I come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back