It has all gone Pete Tong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopiert

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well well well, here I am with my tail between my legs :(

I had my year test. Absolute disaster.

I have been non-diabetic since the end of 2019 pretty much through diet and exercise

I have to say it out loud:
HbA1c 66
Weight up 20Kg
Total Cholesterol over 6

Cause. A mixture
I lost my job in February - still have not found one and the freelance market is dead.
Gone into a prolonged and deep depression - getting help, but so slow.
My knee is banjaxed, finally, get to see a physio set next (after a six-month wait) which has meant I have not been able to walk much as I used to.
Started Statins in January - fasting blood sugar spiked. It used to be normally around 6 or 7. It shot up to 11 within a week. Have been told that it has nothing to do with Statins.
Diet has deteriorated.
Can't focus on anything for more than 10 mins

Meeting with the practice nurse was sort of an intervention point. Back at square one.

Here we go.....

Similar situation here Kopiert! Various things led me to have HbA1C of 65 in March, weight 85kg (heaviest non pregnancy weight) and generally feeling so down after DN visit. Emptied the freezer of icecream, NOT into the bin, and spent a few days moping around. I already suffer from depression on meds, but after having Glucophage increased to 2mg a day and changing to a low carb higher fat diet and increasing my walking daily last visit was down to 79k and dropping! (weigh day tomorrow), so HbA1c was 55. You can come back from this, you are strong enough. Don't let set backs get you down, physical limitations can be a problem, but try something less taxing on your knee,seated yoga for example.
Chin up mate, keep going on.......

Sorry to hear that things have gone awry but by opening up and admitting the problem you've at least taken that important first step in getting things sorted. You've done it once, you can do it again.

Lovely to see you posting again @Kopiert

Though sorry to hear what you have been going through :(

Hope posting your experiences, and reconnecting with the forum provides you with some extra support and motivation.

How did the meeting with your nurse go?

Similar situation here Kopiert! Various things led me to have HbA1C of 65 in March, weight 85kg (heaviest non pregnancy weight) and generally feeling so down after DN visit. Emptied the freezer of icecream, NOT into the bin, and spent a few days moping around. I already suffer from depression on meds, but after having Glucophage increased to 2mg a day and changing to a low carb higher fat diet and increasing my walking daily last visit was down to 79k and dropping! (weigh day tomorrow), so HbA1c was 55. You can come back from this, you are strong enough. Don't let set backs get you down, physical limitations can be a problem, but try something less taxing on your knee,seated yoga for example.
Chin up mate, keep going on.......
Thank you - great and positive post.

Sorry to hear that things have gone awry but by opening up and admitting the problem you've at least taken that important first step in getting things sorted. You've done it once, you can do it again.
It was a shock that I saw coming - if you know what I mean. I agree with you, and partly why I posted

Thank you @everydayupsanddowns , The nurse was pretty supportive, Obviously, I am back on metformin. She didn't go mad when I said I self-test on occasion - which was a first! They also said they would check into the Statins before I go back on them- but she was obviously concerned about my cholesterol level, particularly for a diabetic.

They also said they would check into the Statins before I go back on them- but she was obviously concerned about my cholesterol level, particularly for a diabetic.

Maybe a different statin would suit you better? There are lots of versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back