Ist check up since T2 diagnosis

ValG

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello Everyone, Just wanted to say thank you for all your help over this past 3 months. I have lost 1 Stone in weight, for my height could do with 1 more off to be honest But the better news is my HbA1c is down from 51mmol to 45mmol Really pleased with myself so far and thank you all again. Onwards and upwards as they say And on top of it all I had my vaccine on Monday past, all good there too.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Congratulations on your great progress both with weight loss and HbA1c reduction. The forum can only point you in the right direction, it is your hard work and determination which keeps you going in the right direction so the credit is yours. I hope family and friends are suitably proud of you but most of all, be proud of yourself and your achievement.
Here on the forum we prefer onwards and downwards ;) .

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello Everyone, Just wanted to say thank you for all your help over this past 3 months. I have lost 1 Stone in weight, for my height could do with 1 more off to be honest But the better news is my HbA1c is down from 51mmol to 45mmol Really pleased with myself so far and thank you all again. Onwards and upwards as they say And on top of it all I had my vaccine on Monday past, all good there too.
That's really good news. Thanks for sharing.

ValG

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Congratulations on your great progress both with weight loss and HbA1c reduction. The forum can only point you in the right direction, it is your hard work and determination which keeps you going in the right direction so the credit is yours. I hope family and friends are suitably proud of you but most of all, be proud of yourself and your achievement.
Here on the forum we prefer onwards and downwards ;) .
Thank you Barbara, I don’t write much but read everything on the forum. Considering it was my 1st Christmas cutting down, another lock down and being snowed in for a week, (I live in Scotland) it should be easier now spring is coming..........more salads and walking

Christy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well done @ValG ! You must be so pleased. I think everyone is hoping spring will bring better weather, more freedoms and the chance to be outside. Walking is the one thing that lockdown has made me enjoy and I plan to keep it up.

BlueArmy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Mine was 80 when I was diagnosed (in hospital 12 months ago which is where I ended and when it was discovered. Was down to 42 at the 6 month check up in the summer. Think that was a combination of exercise and diet alongside the metformin. Lock down has been a challenge to be honest, caught between knowing you have to walk, but fear of catching the virus and ending up in hospital again. Have also received first vaccination and hope to be pounding the streets again! Keep going - I think the initial shock is a significant motivator - but making that long term habit stick is going to be a lifelong battle for us all!

ValG

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well done @ValG ! You must be so pleased. I think everyone is hoping spring will bring better weather, more freedoms and the chance to be outside. Walking is the one thing that lockdown has made me enjoy and I plan to keep it up.
I am really delighted, and it helps when you do well as it keeps you wanting more ;) I will be walking a lot this year too.

ValG

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Mine was 80 when I was diagnosed (in hospital 12 months ago which is where I ended and when it was discovered. Was down to 42 at the 6 month check up in the summer. Think that was a combination of exercise and diet alongside the metformin. Lock down has been a challenge to be honest, caught between knowing you have to walk, but fear of catching the virus and ending up in hospital again. Have also received first vaccination and hope to be pounding the streets again! Keep going - I think the initial shock is a significant motivator - but making that long term habit stick is going to be a lifelong battle for us all!
Good for you that was amazing results. Your right the initial shock is a real motivator, I can’t wait to start walking properly instead of marching round my work place and round the house to get the steps up :)

BlueArmy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
What would be good to know is - on this website it states the maximum amount of sugar one should have is 30g a day - which, today for example, I am about to blow through having 4 coffees with skimmed milk and a dinner that has a selection of vegetables with it. Does this 30g limit include all sugars regardless of type or is it just “free sugars” that limit applies to?

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good God - how ever much milk do you have in coffee? = 11.4g Carb in a litre of skimmed milk and that's several days worth of cups of coffee & tea for 2 of us. Except we have normal unskimmed milk and that's slightly lower carb anyway.

Where on earth on this website (and this is a forum not a website) is 30g carb a day specified?

BlueArmy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Not carbs as a category , sugar specificaly Lactose etc.

Last edited:

BlueArmy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

Skimmed milk has 10g of sugar per 200ml. What i neglected to mention, was I also had it in my porridge for breakfast so I was accounting for my daily intake which was around 250ml. Have about 20ml per cup

And technically this is a web forum hosted by a single organisation domain name thus forming part of their website, so I was correct that this information is on this website.

Last edited:

adrian1der

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well done @ValG Fantastic result