Islet Cell Antibodies Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian68

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Just had some test result Anti-GAD 1537.7 Anti-IA-2 11.1 and been referred to the hospital to see the DSN. but I have no idea what the test results mean. can anyone shed some light on them?

Hi @Ian68 🙂 Those look like tests that confirm you’re Type 1. The GAD is pretty high and the ia2 is above normal too. I have the same two antibodies and I’m Type 1.

What insulins are you currently taking?

I see from one of your earlier posts that you’re on Gliclazide not insulin? Hopefully the DSN appointment will be to swap you to insulin. Nothing to worry about if it is. You’ll find it will give you flexibility and as you get the hang of things you’ll feel more yourself.

I Was on 160mg but have cut the gliclazide down to 40mg as I was getting to many readings in the 4’s despite upping my carb intake.

I am having my thyroid removed Monday and my reading needs to be 6+ 07.30 with no food after midnight Sunday. Which I know from current readings will be a push.

Any suggestions as what to eat that will help maintain my BS level for longer?

Hi @Ian68 🙂 Those look like tests that confirm you’re Type 1. The GAD is pretty high and the ia2 is above normal too. I have the same two antibodies and I’m Type 1.

What insulins are you currently taking?
you were correct I had confirmation that I am type 1 earlier this month and things are moving on, starting insulin from tonight which is Abasaglar 8 units just before bed.

Also have been given another BGM which also tests Ketones. the DSN set me up with a libre 2, the first sensor was fine but the second was all over the place when it was first fitted, alarm going off with a reading of 2.9 mmol/L which I new wasnt right so checked with my BGM which was 6.8. readings day 2 onwards are closer but its still reading on the low side. My DSN just said some do, lower your alarm level which I didnt find that reasuring.

Think I might try attaching 24 hours before activating the next one.

I’m glad that you have the correct diagnosis @Ian68 It will make things a lot easier. Re the Libre, I sometimes turn the Low Alarm off for the first day or two if it’s doing that. It’s not perfect, but it works for me. Always finger-prick to check lows anyway.

... and the Libre do seem to be more accurate if you can apply them early and let the sensor get used to you, before activating them.

Yes you live and learn, it wasnt till after I was getting dodgey readings that I found out about putting it on early. even if its not perfect the pros outway the cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back