Is this the honeymoon period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarinaDE

I was diagnosed with Type 1 in August 2023. Initially I was diagnosed as Type 3c, but after the antibodies test and the ultrasound report came back, they decided I was Type 1.

I went to insulin school and learned how to inject etc and for a while it was a wild and crazy ride, especially since I travel a lot for work and never know what I'll be eating. But I've since learned to get things more or less under control, and was doing pretty well.

In the past month, everything's changed again. My blood sugar is going lower and lower, and I'm getting regular warnings about blood sugar falls. I need to use less and less insulin. When I eat pasta etc, I don't get the sharp upward blood sugar spikes I did a few months ago.

Is this the fabled 'honeymoon' period? If so, how long does it last for — and can I keep it going? Or is there something else happening?

Does anybody have any stories to share? I'd love to hear other people's experience.

I was diagnosed with Type 1 in August 2023. Initially I was diagnosed as Type 3c, but after the antibodies test and the ultrasound report came back, they decided I was Type 1.

I went to insulin school and learned how to inject etc and for a while it was a wild and crazy ride, especially since I travel a lot for work and never know what I'll be eating. But I've since learned to get things more or less under control, and was doing pretty well.

In the past month, everything's changed again. My blood sugar is going lower and lower, and I'm getting regular warnings about blood sugar falls. I need to use less and less insulin. When I eat pasta etc, I don't get the sharp upward blood sugar spikes I did a few months ago.

Is this the fabled 'honeymoon' period? If so, how long does it last for — and can I keep it going? Or is there something else happening?

Does anybody have any stories to share? I'd love to hear other people's experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back