Is this ok to take ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have had a nasty cough since the 15th dec and i have been taken something called pholcodine linctus for it, my son also takes it as it can be given to over 6's.I have had 2 hypers and i have had none lately at all so i am putting it down to this medicine , does anyone know if it is ok to take being diabetic? i have these dizzy moments when i sometimes forget just how much stuff we have to stay clear of being D

thanks in advance.

Not sure about the pholcodein. I have something called Codein linctus and I get the sugar free variety. I find it helps to ask the pharmacist as they know which medicines will work with each other. Always ask for sugar free varieties.

I also find hot sugar free balckcuurant and hot sugar free ornage squash are quite helpful.

I hope you feel better soon

cheers caroline it was primerily bought for my son but i am now taking it as well, so when i went to chemist i didnt ask for sugar free as son aint diabetic. i hate blackcurent warm but the oj great idea

thanks

The normal version of this linctus contains 3g of sucrose per 5ml spoonful so if you are taking a normal adult dose of two 5ml spoonfuls 3 to 4 times a day, that would account for you going hyper.

I would get the sugarfree version if I were you.

Personally I always ask for sugar free versions of cough linctus when I need it.

I aint taking the 3 to 4 spoonful
im taking 1 a day

Since grown up son was never very keen on sweet stuff, it has become a habit to ask for sugar free for everyone.

Also with assorted meds hubbt has for arthritis and I have for the D and BP, I ask anyway. Little feller is small for age, so has a smaller dose too.

We are all different, but the coughs and colds are doing the rounds. I hope everyone manages to avoid getting one.

Since grown up son was never very keen on sweet stuff, it has become a habit to ask for sugar free for everyone.

Also with assorted meds hubbt has for arthritis and I have for the D and BP, I ask anyway. Little feller is small for age, so has a smaller dose too.

We are all different, but the coughs and colds are doing the rounds. I hope everyone manages to avoid getting one.

well i said to lad would of been nice for yours to clear up before you go back to school but alas he hates stopping in and loves playing out gr

Sorry to hear you are ill. :(

Hopefully you will start to feel better soon.

(It's probably the fact you are ill that has upset your readings more than the medicine.)

I'm with Caroline on the hot blackcurrant. 🙂

Anno ill have orange tho as i said hate hot blackurrent, i kinda guess if im poorly it messes with levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back