Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon112

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello all.

Throwing myself on the mercy and knowledge of the group. I am still a newbie Type 2. I'm on Metformin (2000mg) and Ramipril (2.5mg), and every now and then for the past 10 days I've been feeling odd. Not the most descriptive word, but I'm not sure how else to describe it, weak, dizzy, tired. Occasionally I wake up like it. Today was one of those days, and as I can't talk to my doctor till the end of the week I thought I'd try you guys for knowledge. Before breakfast I was 3.9, two hours after breakfast I was 15.8 and a few hours after lunch I'm 4.7. What does this mean, and should I be worried?

Thanks.

Hello all.

Throwing myself on the mercy and knowledge of the group. I am still a newbie Type 2. I'm on Metformin (2000mg) and Ramipril (2.5mg), and every now and then for the past 10 days I've been feeling odd. Not the most descriptive word, but I'm not sure how else to describe it, weak, dizzy, tired. Occasionally I wake up like it. Today was one of those days, and as I can't talk to my doctor till the end of the week I thought I'd try you guys for knowledge. Before breakfast I was 3.9, two hours after breakfast I was 15.8 and a few hours after lunch I'm 4.7. What does this mean, and should I be worried?

Thanks.
It is disturbing to feel 'odd'.
What did you have for breakfast as that may be relevant in knowing what might be going on.

Hi.

I had a cup of coffee, a bowl of Shreddies and two small pieces of sour dough toast.
Your level after breakfast does not surprise me as you had a very high carb meal, with basically no protein or fat.
Many people avoid cereals other than as a very small amount scattered onto full fat Greek yoghurt and berries and would not also have toast as well. You may get away with toast with something like eggs or bacon and mushrooms or tomatoes.
I think you should re think your breakfast options.
The huge carb hit will make you over produce insulin so you will then drop too low later.

Your level after breakfast does not surprise me as you had a very high carb meal, with basically no protein or fat.
Many people avoid cereals other than as a very small amount scattered onto full fat Greek yoghurt and berries and would not also have toast as well. You may get away with toast with something like eggs or bacon and mushrooms or tomatoes.
I think you should re think your breakfast options.
The huge carb hit will make you over produce insulin so you will then drop too low later.
I know I need to work on that, the problem is that I don't like most of the 'good' options. Cutting out alcohol and sugar doesn't appear to have any benefits for me when a slice of bread is the killer.
Do you have any idea what might cause the low level whilst I sleep because from what I've read, if that gets much lower I might not wake up?

I don't know why you are going low overnight but one of the side effects of the blood pressure medication is from Dr Google 'feeling dizzy or lightheaded, especially when you stand up or sit up quickly (this is more likely to happen when you start taking ramipril or move on to a higher dose)' so if you have only just started taking it that may be a possibility.

I don't know why you are going low overnight but one of the side effects of the blood pressure medication is from Dr Google 'feeling dizzy or lightheaded, especially when you stand up or sit up quickly (this is more likely to happen when you start taking ramipril or move on to a higher dose)' so if you have only just started taking it that may be a possibility.
I'm about a week into the blood pressure medicine. I have to take that at night as it has a clash with Allopurinol I take in the morning. There are a crazy amount of side effects, I thought I was doing quite well on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back